SG tokeen 2600 who’s running one?

Was seeing who all has ran the tokeen yet. Is it capable of hauling boned out meat you think? Anybody put weight in it yet? Not much on the description as far as that aspect. Thanks guys!!

sivart

WKR
very interested. Wondering how quiet that material will be. I'm a bowhunter

I bought one for dinking around. Mostly deer shed hunting. Haven't put weight in it yet.

Not saying you couldn't pack some weight with it.

But the one size fits all belt is definitely going to leave something to be desired.
And there's not going to be alot of load lifter action unless you are short.

Not saying its bad by any means.
Im sure you could pack out some straps and tenderloins but its not a serious hauler imo.

More in line with a badlands etc. Except light.

It is definitely more serious then an Avail 2200 not attached to a frame.

I bought one for dinking around. Mostly deer shed hunting. Haven't put weight in it yet.

Not saying you couldn't pack some weight with it.

But the one size fits all belt is definitely going to leave something to be desired.
And there's not going to be alot of load lifter action unless you are short.

Not saying its bad by any means.
Im sure you could pack out some straps and tenderloins but its not a serious hauler imo.

More in line with a badlands etc. Except light.

It is definitely more serious then an Avail 2200 not attached to a frame.
Any pack with a one size fits a few is a no go for many

I'll probably have mine out quite a bit from the 3rd to the 10th.
I'll try take pics next to my exo k4 26.5 stay 5k bag.
And give some initial impressions.

Although I'll have alot of miles..
One can only hope to weigh it down with alot of deer sheds.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’ve put 35lb in it a few times. It isn’t terrible. Just like the avail, but about 2” taller. I’ve noticed the retention loops sewn to the back panel that the shoulder straps slide though end up being oddly loose compared to all their other packs.

I'm also looking at a tokeen. I was put off by the lack of side pockets but I just discovered the stone glacier hydro holder and used one all hunting season with my sky 5900. Definitely makes the tokeen more attractive for me.

dster3

FNG
I'm also looking at a tokeen. I was put off by the lack of side pockets but I just discovered the stone glacier hydro holder and used one all hunting season with my sky 5900. Definitely makes the tokeen more attractive for me.

I had the same concern - I cant explain how much I hate running bladders. Ended up calling them and they said you can make the accessories work with the pack.

Mine is supposed to deliver today, but with the snow storms in the west, I doubt that will happen.

TheTone

WKR
I love the avail I have and have packed quite a few sheds and other weight with one. Maybe I’m lucky and it’s once size just fits me well. I’ve thought pretty serious about getting the tokeen or terminus for a general hiking/backpacking bag

mt100gr.

WKR
I should be seeing one sometime this week.
Are you reviewing the Tokeen? I'm planning to grab one here soon, too. Looks like a capable enough day pack/ lightweight multi-day.

I think I can see a way to top it with the lid from my Terminus for a little extra volume at minimal weight penalty.

pc3

WKR
Does anyone have an opinion on Which is the better SG day pack, the avail or the tokeen ?

I almost grabbed a divide 3000 Kuiu during the last sale, that looked capable as well…..but the SG would likely be better quality and made in USA.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you reviewing the Tokeen? I'm planning to grab one here soon, too. Looks like a capable enough day pack/ lightweight multi-day.

I think I can see a way to top it with the lid from my Terminus for a little extra volume at minimal weight penalty.

I will be. That's what I'm thinking- plenty of room for a day pack and with a little planning, probably an overnighter (in better weather).

Good idea on the lid. I'm going to see if their accessory bag is compatible- 15 liters might come in handy

Does anyone have an opinion on Which is the better SG day pack, the avail or the tokeen ?

I almost grabbed a divide 3000 Kuiu during the last sale, that looked capable as well…..but the SG would likely be better quality and made in USA.

I'll have a pretty good idea pretty soon, I've owned two Avails over the years. Just from looking, the Avail looks like it has more internal organization than the Tokeen and also comes w/ a beaver tail on the outside which is pretty handy; the Tokeen offers more volume 42 vs 36 liters and is roughly a half pound lighter. The Tokeen also has a slightly taller internal frame which might mean a better fit with guys w/ longer torso's.

Reactions: pc3

mt100gr.

WKR
I will be. That's what I'm thinking- plenty of room for a day pack and with a little planning, probably an overnighter (in better weather).

Good idea on the lid. I'm going to see if their accessory bag is compatible- 15 liters might come in handy

I'll have a pretty good idea pretty soon, I've owned two Avails over the years. Just from looking, the Avail looks like it has more internal organization than the Tokeen and also comes w/ a beaver tail on the outside which is pretty handy; the Tokeen offers more volume 42 vs 36 liters and is roughly a half pound lighter. The Tokeen also has a slightly taller internal frame which might mean a better fit with guys w/ longer torso's.
I think the Access bag will fit nicely, too. That plus lid could push it to 4000ish ci.....but also getting into the weight range of a lid-less Terminus +/-. Tomato-tomato territory, but a solid smaller bag has a place in my lineup, either way.