SG Xcurve- great CS experience

I recently bought a used SG solo on an xcurve frame. Turns out the xcurve isn't the frame for me. I thought because of my build the x curve would fit me, but man I was just flat out wrong. I tried everything I could to adjust it and just could not get it to fit right with 40# of fertilizer in the pack.

I called SG and they are so good to work with. Even though the pack was used they are going to send me straight stays to try.

After this experience if I can get the straight stays to work for me I'll be a SG fan for life. I have a few of their other products and I can't say enough good things about them.

If you're on the fence about packs, that experience alone would make me recommend SG. While the Xcurve doesn't quite work for me, I can honestly say I'm impressed with the ease of use with this pack. I like the simple design to the pack and the materials feel robust and durable.

Oldirtdog

FNG
I've had nothing but good experiences with SG customer service. I've used their CS twice with super good COMS and fast turnaround (days). Last year I had a rodent get into my vestibule and chew up several pack straps and they took care of me for free. One of the reasons why I keep going back and buying more gear from them!

OP
E
I've had nothing but good experiences with SG customer service. I've used their CS twice with super good COMS and fast turnaround (days). Last year I had a rodent get into my vestibule and chew up several pack straps and they took care of me for free. One of the reasons why I keep going back and buying more gear from them!
I'll say I'm a fan for life. I'm a sucker for good gear and good people.

OP
E
I was the opposite. Krux was painful. X-Curve was perfect. Their customer service is top notch. Exo and kifaru provide excellent cs as well!
It's a good time to be a sportsman with great companies providing great great and great CS

Dbbell

FNG
I recently bought a used SG solo on an xcurve frame. Turns out the xcurve isn't the frame for me. I thought because of my build the x curve would fit me, but man I was just flat out wrong. I tried everything I could to adjust it and just could not get it to fit right with 40# of fertilizer in the pack.

I called SG and they are so good to work with. Even though the pack was used they are going to send me straight stays to try.

After this experience if I can get the straight stays to work for me I'll be a SG fan for life. I have a few of their other products and I can't say enough good things about them.

If you're on the fence about packs, that experience alone would make me recommend SG. While the Xcurve doesn't quite work for me, I can honestly say I'm impressed with the ease of use with this pack. I like the simple design to the pack and the materials feel robust and durable.
I'm going to try the krux Evo frame with the 40/56 pack. Hope my experience is as good as yours.

OP
E
Did you try the straight stays yet?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Yeah world of difference for me. Instantly more comfortable for sure. I will be using my SG Solo this year for my elk hunt. My mystery ranch is off for service work. Fingers crossed they don't charge me an arm and a leg to fix the squeaky frame but then my brother can use it if the SG works well for me.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried their packs but unfortunately their frame is to tall for me. I however love their lumbar pads; they just work for me.
I called them up a month ago and asked to purchase a LP from them and they asked me what was going on. I told them I no longer have one of their packs and I now use one of their competitors (K4) and want to retrofit their LP on the K4.
They said no problem at all, we’ll just send you one at no charge!
That is great CS!

OP
E
Do you can replace the stays, and essentially change your frame from a Krux to and Xcurve and visa versa?
Yep! That's what was so cool. They just sent me them to see what fit me the best. I immediately bought more SG gear and will continue to support them because they were so good to deal with. Free shipping and return too. I hunted that pack HARD for 2 weeks in Colorado. Rain, snow, shine it did amazing

jbelz

FNG
Can also confirm SG's CS has been phenomenal. It also seems like they do quite a bit to help smaller non-profits, at least from some of the events I've been to.

I walked into SG headquarters a couple years ago on my way through to South Dakota for a deer hunt. After a little chatting they offered me a guide discount on a jacket I was eyeing and were the friendliest people I’ve ever met in a store settting. No feeling at all of sales people. Just a bunch of guys that loved gear and hunting. I’ve used as much of their stuff as I can ever since.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
SG let me exchange hip belts on my terminus free of charge and fixed a torn belt on my dehaviland lite pants for free.

No complaints from me. Love their gear.