Sheep mount hanging help

Kodiak

FNG
Last night I picked up my sheep mount from the taxidermist and couldn’t be more happy with how it turned out. I live in a pretty small house an only have one spot that I can really hang it which is in the corner behind a small partition wall.

Does any one have any recommendations for a bracket(kind of like a skull hooker) that would get the mount away from the wall and allow me to angle it towards the center of the room at about 45 degrees. The mount weights about 40-50 lbs. thanks!100124100123

adkhunter

FNG
You need a pedestal wall mount. Check out the thread Slim Jim just posted.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/trophy-displays-furniture.128590/

Don't know him but his wood work looks great.

The pedestal will get you off the wall a little and you can angle it. Seen them done in horse shoes and other materials as well.

My Barbary is going to be done pedestal wall mount with rock (fake rock i assume, otherwise my wall will need reinforcing!)

OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

FNG
I looked though his stuff and is nice looking but I am looking for something a little more simple and less visible.

OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

FNG
Adkhunter yeah something like that but hefty enough to hold up a mount. I was hoping someone would throw out a brand they have used before but if there isn’t anything out there I will make one up myself.

FLACK they are first world problems indeed. I have been blessed with opportunity.

adkhunter

FNG
Lol, first world problems is right! I've been blessed too.

Beautiful ram btw, like the euro on the elk as well!

Not sure how handy you are, but if it were me I’d get a cheap TV mount and figure out how to adapt the plate to make it work. Something like this - VideoSecu ML531BE TV Wall Mount for Most 27"-55" LED LCD Plasma Flat Screen Monitor up to 88 lb VESA 400x400 with Full Motion Swivel Articulating 20 in Extension Arm, HDMI Cable & Bubble Level WP5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WYVBR0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7uZ2CbV5BBN6A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kodiak

Kodiak

FNG
Boom. I knew there had to be something out there for it. That will be perfect. Thanks buckshotaz

boco7

FNG
Wow how have I not seen this before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsc

FNG
Here is a website that we have used for pivoting a wall mount. there are some that are fancy and some brackets that are pretty simple.