Shrek's armed camping trip 2015 ;)

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I'm back out and so far I've seen 5 does and a small 3x3 AND a big bull. Looked to be a better bull than I shot. Had him at 165 yards across the draw bedded. Colder and cloudy with light rain.

I'm back out and so far I've seen 5 does and a small 3x3 AND a big bull. Looked to be a better bull than I shot. Had him at 165 yards across the draw bedded. Colder and cloudy with light rain.

Haha, aint that how it goes. Had a huge bull at 40 yards this year and only had a cow tag. All the cows stayed in the trees behind him.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Made it up to camp and made wood for the stove just in time. Rain , sleet , snow , rain , sleet , snow. Coming down pretty good at times.

BTW , does anyone know why I can't upload pictures from my iPhone 5s ? I pick them and i just get the spinning icon and it never finishes.

Made it up to camp and made wood for the stove just in time. Rain , sleet , snow , rain , sleet , snow. Coming down pretty good at times.

Sounds like good muley hunting weather. Quit being a wienie and get out there :D.

I can never get the attachment system to work. Just use photobucket, flikr or similar. Google Photos is what I use, but its a little more involved and hard to do from your phone.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Really pleased with myself. I'm starting to be able to see the elk. I picked up that bedded bull through a bunch of brush and timber.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Few more pics.

Thanks Dotman ! I love the character of the bull. The drooping brow tine and the other crooked. If I can't have a huge classic rack I'd much rather my average sized rack have funky character. Very happy with my bull !

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Sure wish Montana was like Idaho where I could buy a second bull tag ! That big bull this afternoon is lingering in my mind.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I forgot to tell one really cool thing today. As I was walking in this morning I saw a weasel catch and kill a cottontail not ten yards in front of me. The rabbit bolted across the trail and then a tan blur. Then the rabbit is screaming just 15' off the trail. When I get to where I can see the weasel has it. The weasel has it by the rabbits chest. I watched for a minute or two and when the rabbit stopped struggling the weasel drug it off behind a log. I thought it was pretty cool to see. Weasels are VERY quick !

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
It was bigger than I expected too. Easily twice the size of the rabbit. Much bigger than the ferrets I've seen as pets.