Silencerco Scythe TI review

KU_Geo

WKR
If I was looking to get a first suppressor for general general hunting and shooting? I’d mainly be looking to out it on a 6.5cm, 6.5 prc, and 7mm prc. Unfortunately the threading varies between 1/2, 9/16, and 5/8ths. Realize I may end up with a few suppressors to fit all these but would initially like to get something I can at least used on a couple rifles for hunting here in the Mtns of CO, some in WY. Main options I am looking at are

1. ScytheTI
2. Banish backcountry
3. Tbac ultra7

If I was looking to get a first suppressor for general general hunting and shooting? I’d mainly be looking to out it on a 6.5cm, 6.5 prc, and 7mm prc. Unfortunately the threading varies between 1/2, 9/16, and 5/8ths. Realize I may end up with a few suppressors to fit all these but would initially like to get something I can at least used on a couple rifles for hunting here in the Mtns of CO, some in WY. Main options I am looking at are

1. ScytheTI
2. Banish backcountry
3. Tbac ultra7
4 months ago I was in your shoes. I quickly determined the tbac ultra 7 was the one, until the scythe reviews started rolling in. Now I’m waiting on a scythe to show up at the local dealer.

SloppyJ

WKR

1. ScytheTI
2. Banish backcountry
3. Tbac ultra7
FYI, you can get different endcaps to use one suppressor on all of those thread patterns. As much as I hate QD mounts I'd do that if I were in your shoes.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

1. ScytheTI
2. Banish backcountry
3. Tbac ultra7

Much cheaper than end caps, get a bottle of rockest and glue them on. I'm using them. Anyone who will use a QD muzzle device for attachment, but complains about thread adapters for direct thread is mechanically ignorant.

Now, using a thread adapter to connect a QD muzzle device is a different story. My understand is TBAC just rocksets a QD device in the suppressor for direct thread, which is probably why they say not to use a thread adapter while other manufactures are fine with it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

1. ScytheTI
2. Banish backcountry
3. Tbac ultra7
I’m thinking of buying a banish backcountry just to see if the batch approval thing gets me my scythe faster.

The back country is in my opinion one of the better products they make.

SloppyJ

WKR
Can you do that with all three I listed? Or just the scythe?
Before you get confused, you can go about this different ways. You can buy thread adapters for the rifles so that at the end of the day all of your rifles are threaded in say 5/8x24.

The other option is to buy different endcaps for your suppressor. Most all popular suppressors have a standard thread pitch for the end caps. It's referred to as HUB threads or HUB mounting. Specifically, it's 1-3/8"x24 or 1.375x24. Same thing. The is the thread pitch inside the rear portion of the suppressor.

Personally, running an adapter is my last option. I do have one rifle, a model 70 factory barrel, and it could only get 1/2x28 threads due to the barrel diameter. I run an adapter on that due to one specific suppressor I run on it where swapping endcaps isn't an option. When I got it back from the gun smith I checked it with an alignment rod and I would have destroyed my suppressor if I didn't. The adapter wasn't concentric and it didn't align the bore of the rifle with the suppressor. I ordered a high end adapter and it's fine. There are plenty of people running adapters without issue.

The benefit of an adapter is that they're typically cheaper than a new endcap for your suppressor and allow you to simply swap the suppressor around to different hosts. If you have to change the end cap, it's a bit annoying and time consuming. If you use an adapter, buy some rokset and use it to more permanently install the adapter so it doesn't back off when you unscrew the can.

The disadvantage of an adapter is tolerance stacking. You're adding an entire extra variable into the equation compared to changing the endcap on the suppressor. It's pretty cut and dry.

Hope that helps. We've all been at the stage your at researching and feeling overwhelmed. Just keep reading and watching videos.

I’m excited to get mine, and not sure which one I’ll like better.
I like that you can get the ultra 7 in 6.5 or 30 cal instead of just 30. Everything I’ve read tho says the scythe is the way to go right now. And not saying the ultra is bad.

Last edited:

Bigwilly556

Lil-Rokslider
Went to my local FFL today to buy a scythe and a harvester Evo they had on sale. Ended up with a scythe X2 for $800 each. I'm hoping for Ludacris speed or maybe straight to plaid approval after my last 4 day jail stay. I have a 36M and ultra 5 I'll be comparing them to.

It looks like SiCo started producing titanium flat front caps. I just ordered one for my Jail bird scythe. It looks to be a little bigger than the Hansohn bros cap and wont truly be flush. My Scythe is still in jail, coming up on 60 days now. I'll weight the cap when I get it and let ya'll know.

For those that were interested, I just got my SiCo .30 cal Ti flat cap and it registered .8 oz (24g) on my scale. Not as light as Hansohn, fair amount more expensive, no chance of warranty issues, same finish as the can and other Mounts. Opinions are like... well you know everyone has one. I'm happy with it. Should make it easier to tape off for hunting.

SloppyJ

WKR
Have we gotten any sort of report on the 3 port anchor brake? I've got one sitting in the safe. Still waiting on those supposedly short approvals.

Have we gotten any sort of report on the 3 port anchor brake? I've got one sitting in the safe. Still waiting on those supposedly short approvals.

Very anecdotal as I haven’t swapped around end caps in back to back shots or even in the same range trip but it seems to do what one expect- makes more noise and reduces recoil a little.

DaleW

WKR
When my 24" 300 Norma is done in June I'm gonna try the 3 port out. If I can take the recoil it should be a dirty setup. I've been shooting my 300 wm with just the 1 port brake on and it's not bad at all.

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm planning to test it out on my 300prc as soon as it gets in. I'll give it the Pepsi challenge back to back. It'll be subjective but at least it's something.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
For those that were interested, I just got my SiCo .30 cal Ti flat cap and it registered .8 oz (24g) on my scale. Not as light as Hansohn, fair amount more expensive, no chance of warranty issues, same finish as the can and other Mounts. Opinions are like... well you know everyone has one. I'm happy with it. Should make it easier to tape off for hunting.
I have the Hanson end cap sitting here while I wait for my scythe. I plan to swap it out as soon as I get the silencer. I probably would have gotten the SiCo one if I’d known they made them. I havnt weighed the Hanson one but it seems well made.