Dead Air Nomad Ti XC

WKR

WKR
I know they are brand new, but has anyone demoed or been around one?

I was interested when I first heard about it, maybe as a second dedicated hunting/precision rifle can, but the more I look into it, I think the scythe ti beats it in everyway and might be better off getting a second scythe instead.

3d printed is intriguing and lower back pressure design sounds nice. But if it'll never be on a gas operated gun, does it even matter?

WKR
I know they are brand new, but has anyone demoed or been around one?

I was interested when I first heard about it, maybe as a second dedicated hunting/precision rifle can, but the more I look into it, I think the scythe ti beats it in everyway and might be better off getting a second scythe instead.

3d printed is intriguing and lower back pressure design sounds nice. But if it'll never be on a gas operated gun, does it even matter?
I dont think they are marketing it towards gas guns, but I could be wrong. I'm anxiously awaiting some testing. Comparable weight and price to scythe, but the sound attenuation will be key.

Personally, I think additive manufacturing is the future of suppressor manufacturing. It's about to get wild as more companies get into it.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I dont think they are marketing it towards gas guns, but I could be wrong. I'm anxiously awaiting some testing. Comparable weight and price to scythe, but the sound attenuation will be key.

Personally, I think additive manufacturing is the future of suppressor manufacturing. It's about to get wild as more companies get into it.
No I don't think it's marketed towards gas guns, but they did mention that it has lower back pressure than the older nomad ti.

The TI XC is a little over an inch longer than the Sycthe with a flat front cap, and a little over an ounce heavier. IF the XC has 3-5 db more of sound suppression then that might not be abad trade off. If not, then I personally think the Sycthe is still the front runner for a lightweight can.

Why is it you believe 3d printed cans are the future? Ease of manufacturing? Or do you think they have functional benefits over traditional welded cans?

WKR
No I don't think it's marketed towards gas guns, but they did mention that it has lower back pressure than the older nomad ti.

The TI XC is a little over an inch longer than the Sycthe with a flat front cap, and a little over an ounce heavier. IF the XC has 3-5 db more of sound suppression then that might not be abad trade off. If not, then I personally think the Sycthe is still the front runner for a lightweight can.

Why is it you believe 3d printed cans are the future? Ease of manufacturing? Or do you think they have functional benefits over traditional welded cans?
I saw they were both listed at 7.3-7.4 oz without the DT adapter, unless the scythe ti is 7.4 with the DT?

I really have no insight on additive manufacturing vs baffles. It just seems like there's more design possibilities, more potential for increased sound and pressure mitigation, maybe even better recoil mitigation. Watching more companies move that way is a bread crumb I'm following. I think a lot of people love the cgs hyperion, which is also printed and the quietest can tested by Jay.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I saw they were both listed at 7.3-7.4 oz without the DT adapter, unless the scythe ti is 7.4 with the DT?

I really have no insight on additive manufacturing vs baffles. It just seems like there's more design possibilities, more potential for increased sound and pressure mitigation, maybe even better recoil mitigation. Watching more companies move that way is a bread crumb I'm following. I think a lot of people love the cgs hyperion, which is also printed and the quietest can tested by Jay.
Scythe is 8.3 ounces with the anchor brake/DT or 7.8 with a titanium front cap and direct thread

Xc is 9.6 ounces with direct thread

This might be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping the bad rep DA has created for themselves lends itself to eventually finding a great deal on one of these. Looks like a slam dunk, should be a fair amount quieter than the Scythe.