Sitka CORE Lightweight Hoody fitment across back and shoulders?

Just received a 2019 CORE lightweight hoody in size large. I'm 5'8" 170 with an athletic build and a chest measurement of 42". Just trying it on over a cotton T-shirt, it seems to bind very slightly across my back and shoulders. I am a surfer and am fairly v-shaped with decent shoulder development.

My question is, is this supposed to conform to your shape or have a little bit of play. It has plenty of fabric around my stomach, just the slightest bind if I flex my shoulder forward. Should I trade up to an XL? Definitely could not layer this over anything but a wool base layer. If I go larger, will I lose some warmth?

Sorry about all the questions. My first time with a high end garment.

I straddle their XL and 2xl but most of my sitka garments are 2xl. I have to go 2xl to get enough shoulder room in the core light hoody but have room in the stomach. I tend to wear it as a base layer most of the time so a bit of extra room is fine. When I am wearing it as an outer layer, it is because it is hot and a little bit of looseness keeps me cool.

If you are looking for warmth, I would move upstream to the mid or heavywieght stuff.

OP
Mike Islander
Thanks DJ. It's for winter squirrel hunting here in SC. Jan-March is really mild here in the Lowcountry, so can literally wear the hoody over a wool base and be plenty warm.

I'm going to grab an XL and compare the two and send back the loser.

OP
Mike Islander
XL fits perfectly. I NEVER have needed XL for shirts, always large. Has about the same room in abdomen as large and fits great on my 42" chest and shoulders.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I straddle their XL and 2xl but most of my sitka garments are 2xl. I have to go 2xl to get enough shoulder room in the core light hoody but have room in the stomach. I tend to wear it as a base layer most of the time so a bit of extra room is fine. When I am wearing it as an outer layer, it is because it is hot and a little bit of looseness keeps me cool.

If you are looking for warmth, I would move upstream to the mid or heavywieght stuff.
+1
BB.jpg

davescarp

WKR
I have a core hoody from 2 years ago, I'm about the same measurements and I wear a medium and it fits about perfect. I wear it almost as a base layer or with a wool crew beneath if it's chilly. Maybe the 2019 version is different

im 6'0 210 and wear xl in 2017/18 sitka core lightweight hoodie. .i surf also.its just a little loose on me. if i wore large in shirts id get a large in sitka core something doesnt seem right unless they changed the fit? that would be silly. . id get the xl and sompare then send back the one i dont like

Last edited: