Sitka core lt hoody sizing and fit

Is this garment supposed to be snug/tight fit? Or should it be a little loose to add a base layer underneath? Thanks for any help?

sr80

WKR
My favorite top, i wear a large and its a bit loose and i wear a base layer tshirt underneath. Its a " standard " fit so a little bigger than their other base layer tops, which are " performance " fit

NEhunter

WKR
My favorite top, i wear a large and its a bit loose and i wear a base layer tshirt underneath. Its a " standard " fit so a little bigger than their other base layer tops, which are " performance " fit

Same here, mine is just ever so slightly loose enough to run a merino T underneath. The xl fits this way for me and there’s no way I could size down to a large for a snugger fit, tried one on and was way too restrictive in the arms and shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
To be used as a base layer it should fit close to skin, ( as a base layer should) But if you plan on using it with a base under it maybe you want to size up .

LineandBuck

Lil-Rokslider
I'd say its true to size. I'm 6' 225 and wear 2x in most sitka stuff. XL would be too snug with the exception of the Apex hoody I ordered in XL because it was too long and loose in the arms but is considered a "Standard fit"

Yeah. I wear an xxl in their tops. Let wt hoody is not snug fit like a compression layer and it isn’t too loose. I wear mine next to skin usually but it does fine with a t shirt underneath too. I say go with your t shirt size for normal fit or size up or down if you want loose or snug.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is this garment supposed to be snug/tight fit? Or should it be a little loose to add a base layer underneath? Thanks for any help?

It depends. I personally wear a shirt underneath the LT Hoody. That being said you do not want it skin tight at least for me. Everyone is different as you can tell in this thread. It is going to be a standard fit compared to an athletic fit. If you have any questions just pm me!

I also wear it as a base layer with nothing under it. it breathes great and as I wear it more I notice that the cuffs stretch nicely to push the sleeves up to my elbows.

I'm 5'10" 170 and wear a medium, also wear a medium in the fanatic hoodie but can't push those sleeves up as easily.

Camber__

FNG
I'm 5' 9" 185-190 lbs, 42" chest, and I wear a large. I could get a t-shirt underneath, just barely. I love the fit. Not skin tight, but not baggy or loose either.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
5'11" ~ 180, 42-ish chest and the Large is just right, slightly athletic but w/o the "superhero" tightness

it's a very thin/light base layer, I don't see any reason to wear something under it- it breathes wonderfully and dries quickly- something underneath would likely muck this up

It stretches enough to easily fit a merino 120 or 140 under it for that weird middle ground in September where you need just a bit more but are on the move.