Sitka traverse

Bulldawg

WKR
It’s a nice piece, I had it last year and enjoyed it but I sold it to use a core heavy weight in its place but I think I would have rather had the traverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
Ya I’m kinda looking for some that a lighter outer piece to were in subalpine that will still hold up to brush during spot and stalk.

It’s a nice piece, I had it last year and enjoyed it but I sold it to use a core heavy weight in its place but I think I would have rather had the traverse.

Trial153

WKR
Have had a couple. I really didnt like the material, didn't breath well and or dry fast enough for me. Although it is warm for it weight. It works well enough for stationary work I guess.
I would recommend a core heavyweight or apex hoody over the traverse.
Both will work well for what your asking.

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
How was the fit of it? Would like to have it big enough to run a layer or two under it. I’m 6’ 180 and usually were a large sweatshirt

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info, how’s the material on the core heavyweight for snags and brush?

Lawnboi

WKR
Great fleece mid layer that will stand up to brush. Iv got one that’s all beat up but still kicking. I’m almost always wearing it over a merino or light baselayer.

Much tougher than the heavyweight. I don’t have problems with the heavyweight material it’s the mid weight used in the arms and lower that pills and pulls. Also I like that it’s got a little more wind resistance than the heavyweight.

With all the stuff on sale at Sitka I wonder if they are updating

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
How does it fit for you with the layers? I usually were a large or xl in a hoody

Great fleece mid layer that will stand up to brush. Iv got one that’s all beat up but still kicking. I’m almost always wearing it over a merino or light baselayer.

Much tougher than the heavyweight. I don’t have problems with the heavyweight material it’s the mid weight used in the arms and lower that pills and pulls. Also I like that it’s got a little more wind resistance than the heavyweight.

With all the stuff on sale at Sitka I wonder if they are updating

excaliber

WKR
I really like mine. I wear a 2xl over my base layers. It's a bit on the large size but the XL was too tight. I think it's perfect as my outer layer when the temps are above freezing and there isn't too much wind. It's quiet and perfect as an outer layer for bow hunting for me. I'll be picking one up in Subalpine.

JD619er

WKR
To me the traverse is much better than the heavyweight. The heavyweight doesn't breath at all and snags super easy. Ive found the traverse to be better in both areas

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
Nice I’m pretty sure I’m going to get one but not sure on size, I would like it to for like an xl Under Armour hoody

Nice I’m pretty sure I’m going to get one but not sure on size, I would like it to for like an xl Under Armour hoody

I have had the hooded version for maybe five years. It's great, I love it. I have or have had tons of Kuiu and Sitka stuff and the traverse hoody is worn by far more than anything else. It slides over Sitka core stuff amazingly too. Comparing sizing to UA stuff, I wear an XL in UA tops and my Traverse hoody is an XL too. It fits great, maybe a little longer in the waste and arms than most UA hoodies. I am sure that the non-hooded is sized the same.

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine. With me on every hunt. Very versatile. Wear it as a midlayer and sometimes as my outer layer. I’m 6’0 and weigh about 165-170. Large is just right. Can still get layers underneath but not so bulky it binds under top layers.

OP
C

chad1926

FNG
Awesome thanks for the info guys, looking at the apex hoody also just wondering how the weight of material compares between the two