Sleep system recommendations

Peytb10

FNG
I’m sure this topic has been covered at nauseam, but basing this on my specific region. I’m a new AZ resident (minimal points) but hunt all over the west (not just AZ). Utilized 20 degree bag last year that was just terrible to put it short. Looking an suggestions mainly related to the tent. I plan to buy a 0 degree down bag and just unzip it in early season, or 20 degree bag if hunting AZ. Main question is regards to tent, as I’m not sure a floorless is my best bet as don’t love the idea of critters by me in early season (especially AZ). Wouldn’t mind a free standing tent but concerned it’s not enough for later season hunts in WY/MT/ID etc. Looking at seek outside cimmaron, argali absaroka, argali rincon, big agnes copper spur 2p, and stone glacier skyscraper 2p. Open to others ideas as well!

D S 319

WKR
I have a cimarron. No complaints. Been through some weather together. Can get a nest to use in AZ. All of them would be good though. Lots of information on here if you search!

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Cimarron or Absaroka are probably the two most flexible options. Both have inserts for the early season critters and can utilize a stove for the late season stuff. They're big enough to fit two people + stove, but don't require a huge footprint.

For solo trips, I"m using a Borah Gear Solo Tarp + Ultralight Bivy. It's worked well for me with the drier climate here in AZ. I have an Absaroka for the later season, or if I need an actual tent.

OP
Peytb10

Peytb10

FNG
Cimarron or Absaroka are probably the two most flexible options. Both have inserts for the early season critters and can utilize a stove for the late season stuff. They're big enough to fit two people + stove, but don't require a huge footprint.

For solo trips, I"m using a Borah Gear Solo Tarp + Ultralight Bivy. It's worked well for me with the drier climate here in AZ. I have an Absaroka for the later season, or if I need an actual tent.
Nice the bivy system seems great and I’d 100% utilize it Utah/Co and north with higher elevations but AZ/NM regions would me make me uneasy with rattlesnakes/scorpions.