Sole Stiffness

Looking for a good pair of hiking boots that will run over as early season hunting boots. Will be walking on every thing from gravel roads to steep hillsides. I wear Georgia or Wolverine low heel loggers with steel toes 5-6 days a week. How stiff are the loggers compared to the hikers? Might want something with a little more flex. Looking at spending 175-225 dollars on a pair. Liking the looks of the Hanwags, Asolo, Lowa and Crispi. Thanks

OP
Y
Made it to Rei yesterday. Tried on lowa, Zamberlan and Asolo. I would say all 3 are not as stiff soled as my loggers. Bad thing is all 3 fit and felt really good. Hard to pick one now. Of the 3 brands I tried do they run true to size from style to style?

Block

WKR
Man sadly it seems like every boot fits different.. im an 11.5 and have a about a dozen brands of 11.5 boots sitting here that ALL fit different.. some close enuf that thicker or thinner socks can make up the difference,, some not...

I really like hanwags but be careful as MOST are very narrow... and typically nowhere to try them on..

OP
Y
Block, thanks for the insite. I pulled the trigger on some Zamberlan Vioz just cuz I tried them on and they felt great. Hate ordering boots online. Will be trying them out shed hunting real soon.