Zamberlan 1110 Baltoro Lite GTX

I've been boot shopping for a little while. Wanted to buy once, cry once. I was looking hard at Crispi's but my wife refuses to let Crispi's in the house. Apparently her ex-husband bought some and she hates that guy and everything about him.

Was looking at the Zamberlan Lynx. The Lynx was 1" taller, has the BOA system available, and seems to be a touch thicker in comfort area. BUT GoHunt has/had the Baltoro's for 40% off... soooo there is a significant difference in price. Plus this is my first jump on an expensive boot. I don't think I can go wrong for a $215. At worst I could have returned them.

Boot stiffness is rated as a 3 on go hunt so I'd be curious what a 4 or 5 would be. Maybe they just need some wearing but they're near ski boot stiff. There isn't much bend in them. When going down stairs i'm doing a heel strike and not able lead with a toe strike. The ankle support is great. its definitely a mountain hiker and not a valley hiker boot, the heelcup holds the boot to my foot. I have less than a mile in the boots, so I'm wearing these to work this week and for whitetail hunt later this week . Maybe I'll get a little flex out of them. Conversely i wore these casually for about 4 hours yesterday and they were not uncomfortable to stand around and walk across the cow pasture. Just stiff

Sizing is very true to size. I tried on a another Zamberlan boot at my local REI. I'm generally a size 12. The REI had an 11.5 and it fit very well but I think if i had put on a thick pair of wool socks, they might have been a bit tight. Even more so if I did a 5+mile mountain hike(natural foot swelling). So I went with a size 12 and the fit is still good. The design of the boot holds my foot and adds pressure mid foot but there is plenty of room in the toe box so my toes are NOT jammed together.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I really like mine... Aside from the toe box. I usually wear a 12. I tried on my buddies 11.5 and almost bought 11.5s but had the same thought you did. I bought the 12s but felt it just slid the toe box forward. On a hunt with a 3 mile walk in/out every day I unlaced the bottom 2 hooks. I can now tighten them up and leave the toe box loose.

OP
D
I did 8 miles in these this past weekend. All flatlands. Only thing that was heavy was the coon i was carrying around and my feet weren't dying

I have a pair of these. Very comfy but they have a significant design flaw on the heel cup. Mine wore through the stitching in about 2 weeks. It would have made a lot more sense to cover that seam with a rand.

If it were me I’d take some FreeSole and cover that seam up. Zamberlan never returned any of my warranty correspondence so I disputed it with my CC company and got a refund.

IMG_0507.jpeg

pirogue

WKR
I've been boot shopping for a little while. Wanted to buy once, cry once. I was looking hard at Crispi's but my wife refuses to let Crispi's in the house. Apparently her ex-husband bought some and she hates that guy and everything about him.
I guess if he had a few B&C or P&Y mounts, you’ll be saving money on future taxidermy work.

Of all the reasons to not buy a certain brand boot! 😯
The crazy thing was I called them numerous times, left messages, used Facebook messenger, email over the course of 2-3 weeks with no response.

After I got my CC refund I sent them an email telling them I’d happily return the boots since I didn’t pay for them. Still no response.