Space in a hilleberg soulo?

zacattack

WKR
Looking into the hilleberg tents and just wondering how much space is in a soulo? Like do you feel cramped or crowded in one? Is it worth the weight moving up to a two person tent of theirs for some extra space?

Looking into the hilleberg tents and just wondering how much space is in a soulo? Like do you feel cramped or crowded in one? Is it worth the weight moving up to a two person tent of theirs for some extra space?

It’s definitely snug but I don’t feel cramped. 5’11 170. I had an Akto before though so expectations for space were on par.

I’d look hard at a kuiu storm star if you want a little more room. Weight should be roughly same.

It may be placebo effect but with soulo I have a lot of confidence in its storm weathering abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Soulo. Similar body specs as Schmalzy and I find it adequate. I have to, carrying a 2 man tent solo is not an option for the sake of extra room.
The soulo's bombproofness inspires a lot of confidence when I'm on the mountain

If you're over 6ft you're going to hit the inner walls with your bag and head on a pad. That was the main issue I had with mine, and why I sold it

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

If you're over 6ft you're going to hit the inner walls with your bag and head on a pad. That was the main issue I had with mine, and why I sold it

Excellent to know. I’m 6’2” and this is a problem I have had with many tents. What tent did you end up with?

Love the tent and the double wall setup means that even if you touch the sidewalls, there shouldn't be any condensation issues. That being said I'm 6'1" and do touch it at times especially with the warm 10F bag.
Worked great in all weather conditions - also using it for winter ascents and ski mountaineering.

Excellent to know. I’m 6’2” and this is a problem I have had with many tents. What tent did you end up with?
Tried a Nallo 2GT, same issue. If I'm spending good money and lots of time in a tent, I don't want to be hitting end walls. If I get another Hille, it'll be a Kaitum or Keron. Scarp series from TarpTent has more room than the Soulo.

Back