Tent Q: 4-season Freestanding Tent Soulo or Stormstar?

sneaky

"DADDY"
may 'complex' is the wrong word. For me too many moving parts.
I didn't say it was a bad tent, or that it was a tent that wouldn't work in the conditions I need it to.

I have other tents for early season.

I am just looking for a pretty niche tent 1p or 2p that I can trust in some pretty terrible conditions. Not looking for a jack of all trades type tent.
Apparently you haven't watched any of the videos on YouTube of the Scarp in some absolutely hellacious weather. The guys in Britain and Scotland love those things. They are pretty bombproof. They put them through 70mph+ winds regularly. They are no more complex than a Hille, Kuiu, Fjallraven, Big Sky, or SG tent. Same concepts in all of them. What "moving parts" are you concerned with exactly? Zippers? That's pretty much the only moving part that is consistent across all the brands. Inner tent is removable, just like the Hille and Kuiu inners are... so that's a wash. Can use with one pole, or with crossing poles depending on the weather... that's an advantage over the Hille and Kuiu, you gotta use all 3 poles for them to set up correctly. Guess I'm just not understanding the complexity part of your argument.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
For anyone wondering what the hell is going on here, me and @BRTreedogs took a Hille and a Storm Star to Alaska this September. Lots of wind, plenty of rain and both worked great.
Gear in one, and you guys in the other?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
So far I have held off on the soulo.

I think I want the extra space a 2p gives me.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk

ozyclint

WKR
I have a Soulo that I use in New Zealand on tahr hunts.
I can't complain about it at all. Solo camping........how much room do you want? I find it ample.

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
I have a durston xmid 2p solid and I really like having the ability to bring gear into the tent with me. My pad is a regular wide sea to summit so that solo would get filled up quick.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk