Stereo pot substitute????

Thejet

WKR
Anyone find something very similar that’s actually still available? Or have a bead on how to get ahold of one of these unicorns?

BBob

WKR
Stereo??? Do you mean the Sterno Inferno? If so, nope, a unicorn. There are many cheap and similar but not as compact out of China on the Chinese eBay’s. Someone posted that you can call Johnson/Jetboil and order just a Stashpot pot by itself.

OP
Thejet

Thejet

WKR
Stereo??? Do you mean the Sterno Inferno? If so, nope, a unicorn. There are many cheap and similar but not as compact out of China on the Chinese eBay’s. Someone posted that you can call Johnson/Jetboil and order just a Stashpot pot by itself.
Yeah, autocorrect got me on that one.

Clarktar

WKR
Randy keeps his like a prisoner. You want it to live like this
264b36fb7c7351452f13f348a1f953ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Randy keeps his like a prisoner. You want it to live like this
264b36fb7c7351452f13f348a1f953ec.jpg

What burner are you using there? The little BRS type?

I haven't put my Sterno pot into the regular rotation yet as none of my stoves seem to fit in a satisfactory and stable way.

OP
Thejet

Thejet

WKR

I haven't put my Sterno pot into the regular rotation yet as none of my stoves seem to fit in a satisfactory and stable way.
Clearly it’s too unstable and unsafe to use, best to let me dispose of it for you.

Clarktar

WKR

Yep, little BRS. I had to slightly bend one of the stove arms so all three would fit nicely into the Sterno bottom. It is a setup that has worked great for me on several backcountry hunts. If I was melting snow or using in the middle of winter I would bring the reactor.

BBob

WKR
I modified both a Windmaster and a BRS to work better with my Sterno. They work for Jetboil too. I typically use the BRS with the Sterno and the Windmaster is in the truck kit with a Jetboil pot. Both fit better after modifying the supports with minimal jiggling around dropping the pot over them. The Soto is a better choice when you know it’s going to be windy but it won’t fit inside the pot when packed, the BRS does. 440gm full up with BRS, fuel, mini Bic, STS folding cup and two packets of backup coffee. 😀
IMG_2148.jpegIMG_2150.jpegIMG_2149.jpegIMG_2151.jpeg

Last edited:

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, little BRS. I had to slightly bend one of the stove arms so all three would fit nicely into the Sterno bottom. It is a setup that has worked great for me on several backcountry hunts. If I was melting snow or using in the middle of winter I would bring the reactor.

Thanks, I'll check on that as I have the BRS but don't recall it fitting too well.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
I modified both a Windmaster and a BRS to work better with my Sterno. They work for Jetboil too. I typically use the BRS with the Sterno and the Windmaster is in the truck kit with a Jetboil pot. Both fit better after modifying the supports with minimal jiggling around dropping the pot over them. The Soto is a better choice when you know it’s going to be windy but it won’t fit inside the pot when packed, the BRS does. 440gm full up with BRS, fuel, mini Bic, STS folding cup and two packets of backup coffee. 😀
View attachment 620709View attachment 620711View attachment 620710View attachment 620712
I see that you lopped the BRS arms off to fit into the recess part of the pot. That mod allow you to pick the pot up off the still-lit burner and then replace without the arms getting askew?

fmyth

WKR
I am going to try a Fire Maple HX pot with my BRS stove.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 10.38.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 10.38.04 AM.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 15

BBob

WKR
I see that you lopped the BRS arms off to fit into the recess part of the pot. That mod allow you to pick the pot up off the still-lit burner and then replace without the arms getting askew?
Yes pretty much. The ends have a little bend in them to align with the fins which helped a bit putting the pot on. The OD of the arms is smaller than the ID of the fins but sometimes the arms get between the fins and the bend helps them slide in easier when that happens. Both stoves are much easier to use on these pots (Jetboil and Sterno) with the arms trimmed.

OP
Thejet

Thejet

WKR
The forum is awesome, a member reached out and hooked me up with one! Now to just order the stove. BRS seems to be the most recommended with this pot, any other recommendations?

BBob

WKR
The cheapest but works fine is probably the BRS. I started with the Soto Windmaster and was leery of the BRS at first but I’ve been using it for two seasons now. Olicamp has their Ion at about twice the price. The Olicamp and others have a screw off burner pot holder setup that I’ve seen people take the pot holder off and make a round support. It makes it more stable but the stove won’t fit in the pot anymore to carry.
IMG_2166.jpegIMG_2165.jpeg
This version was out there for sale at one time:
IMG_2167.jpeg

Lightweight lid:
IMG_2169.png

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
And one more thing. If you are using any of the stoves that sit up close directly on the bottom of the pot you don’t need to run the burner too high at all for good boil times and if you do you just might melt it down.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I found a Sterno Inferno back in July at an Ace Hardware, but since then they've removed it from their website. Of course I only picked up 1 and left 3 on the shelf, planning to come back to get more some day. So much for that.

But so far it works great with my MSR Windburner lid, fits perfectly snug.