Table surface for processing

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I found some old laminate counter top at a Restore, and I can make the saw horses work with it. I can’t seem to find cutting boards though. I emailed a bunch of places and got no response at all, or a response that I might was well order it online and pay the freight, because that’s all they would do. $300 for a sheet of HDPE seems excessive.

lak2004

WKR
Does it have extendable legs? I’m pretty tall and hate being bent over while butchering so I make my setup pretty tall- that’s got it’s own problems though, when the kids help they have to stand on stools to be able to reach.
I've never seen one with extendable legs but they may exist

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Mine is stainless steel, east to clean and sanitize. But its not portable as I have a dedicated butcher sh set up in one end of my shed.

I found some old laminate counter top at a Restore, and I can make the saw horses work with it. I can’t seem to find cutting boards though. I emailed a bunch of places and got no response at all, or a response that I might was well order it online and pay the freight, because that’s all they would do. $300 for a sheet of HDPE seems excessive.
Get yourself a sheet of 3/4 in. plywoog and a sheet of the plastic wall paneling glue them together cut to the size you want, easy to clean and the plastic sheeting is easy on knives, no need for cutting boards.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Get yourself a sheet of 3/4 in. plywoog and a sheet of the plastic wall paneling glue them together cut to the size you want, easy to clean and the plastic sheeting is easy on knives, no need for cutting boards.
Plastic wall paneling? I will have to check that out. Thanks for that suggestion, I never would have thought about it. I still think I would like some big cutting boards though. The search continues…

A few years back my dad and I had the butcher shop we used to process deer in his back basement, after he passed on my mom sold the home place, so I had a lawn building put up at my home, its big enough that one end I set up all my re-loading things in and the other end I moved the deer butchering equipment into, put up Lowes mid grade kitchen cabinets, and used the plastic sheeting on the walls, where the built in stainless steel butchering table and grinder, stuffer and those sort of things, go built in a sausage, bolonga smoker. The sheeting came from Lowes in the paneling dept. Easy to keep clean and looks nice also. The shop looks better than most resturant prep kitchens. Depending on how big of cutting boards your looking for try the home and kitchen section of walmart or one of those type stores, I have a large wood one and a large thick plastic one they both came from walmart.

.30WCF

FNG
I use a folding table at base camp to beak them down. Legs fold up, then the table folds in half.

.30WCF

FNG
I use a folding table at base camp to beak them down. Legs fold up, then the table folds in half.
I don’t have the option to edit for some reason, but I’ll add it’s a plastic table top with metal legs.

I use a 36x36 piece of 1/8" plexi glass up at my camp. Slap it on the kitchen table and go to work. Scours nice and clean, and stores between my bunk and the wall.

No sure, but I think I picked it up at an Ace Hardware.

Last edited:
Thank you to the OP and participants. Inspiration struck and I did a search for folding stainless table.

I'm now researching the best value, but seems to be the best of both worlds for me.