Tent stove size?

I recently bought a Bearpaw Wilderness Designs Luna 5 tent approximate inside dimensions are 120x120x76". I am curious as to which size of stove you guys would recommend. I am looking at both the a Kifaru box stove and the Ti-Goat WiFi stove. Other stove suggestions are welcomed. I have never been around a tent with a stove and don't really know what to expect. Any insight is much appreciated.

1hornhunter

Wont take much to burn you out of there - I would go wiht the small in either. I built my own for a 9x9 pyramid that is a 12"x8" cylinder similar to the TiGoat and it gets toasty quick.

How do you like the Luna 5
this shelter is high on my list
it would be great if you could put up some pictures
Paul

I would also enjoy seeing some pics. How do you like the Luna 5? I think I'm going to purchase a Luna 4 or 5 myself. Any info would be great. Thanks

I recently got a extra large titanium box stove for seek outside. I wanted a box stove but the ss box stoves from kifaru were a little heavier than I wanted to go. This thing will burn you out of the tent. Puts off tons of heat as I'm sure the tigoat and kifaru do just as well.

The 12 inch TiGoat can flat turn my Mountainsmith shelter into a sauna running wide open though, you have to feed it very regularly to keep it going through the night. A larger capacity stove would likely mean you have to wake up less frequently throughout the night.

PaulM and 450, i just got the Luna 5 this past week. Seems like a solid tent, well made and seam sealed. I have not had a chance to set it up yet (been sick as a dog) i go back to work tomorrow so if things work out well it will be next week b4 i can take a real close look at it. At this point I am thinking of the SeekOutside Large stove to go with it. I will keep you updated.
1hornhunter

+1 on the WiFi stove - Large has greater door opening and burns longer wood. I have this stove for my BCS-2 that has a simular amount of Sq.Ft. - I think most any stove could heat these smallish shelters - Just don't have to feed the Medium stoves as often or cut the wood as short as you must for the smallest models. That fact (+ the door opening) was the factor in my choice of the large WiFi. Note that the larger 3" pipe does add weight. Always a trade off involved it seems.

LaGriz

Back