Thank you

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
A recent posting was probably one of the most emotional I have read. On one end of the spectrum was an animal that had been wounded and without question would have suffered a less than quick death; on the other end of the spectrum a hunter that was willing to go "above and beyond" to minimize the suffering.
To those willing to take the time and extend the necessary effort to recover the wounded animal - THANK YOU.
Joe

OP
W

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
I goofed - it was posted on another forum. Sorry.
Joe

I watched the video on the other forum, and highly commend what the hunter did to end the suffering that the ram was experiencing. I don't know the man, but I became a fan of his after watching that video, and hope one day I can thank him in person for what he did.

Josh

Watched all 5 videos and read every post. Those are a couple of stand up guys. And your right, pretty emotional. Thanks for posting it.

OP
W

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
Wounding loss is the "elephant" in the room that is a real issue, but so hard to talk about. About ten percent of the sheep we harvested over the years showed no indication of being hit even though struck in the main part of the body. Without a "spotter" not certain it would be obvious the sheep had been wounded to the individual shooting.

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. What a story! Two guys demonstrating the highest level of integrity. Very emotional indeed. That's a narrative and outcome to be proud of.