The non resident preference point system

I think we should help each other figure out the point systems of all these states. All that needs to be done is someone from each state post what it costs to get a point in your state if you were a non resident. Some states like Wyoming require you buy a point 50 bucks no problem some states like Colorado requires you to front the 600 dollars lets sort threw the facts and see what these states cost to hunt/build a point before more deadlines go by

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Utah you must buy a license but it's good for 365 days so you can use it for two application periods if you apply late than apply next year before the license runs out. Each species you apply for cost 10 dollars and gets you a point if your unsuccessful in the draw or you chose pp only. We have low draw odds but function on a hybrid system where half the tags go into draw with only most/ max point holders and the remaining half are drawn from everyone one else. That means everyone has a chance to draw not just max point holders.

CO doesn't have a hunting license like a lot of other states its "part of your carcass tag".

You have to front the ENTIRE cost of that tag up front even if you are only purchasing a PP.

There is a new change to costs this year I'll update that in a few hours when I get the reg book in front of me

OP
S
I'm at work now but I will put up montana info when I get home and be happy to help someone with what I understand stand of it

weaver

WKR
Idaho doesn't have a point system.
First you have to buy a hunting license ($150) then you have the option of applying for moose only,sheep only,mtn goat only or elk,deer and antelope. No preference or bonus points. Straight up lottery system but nonres can only draw 10% of tags.

OP
S
I haven't got montana regs yet but Oregon is 148.50 for a license and 8 per species to apply buy tag after you draw unless you want general archery

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How does Oregon do its draw? Only max pp holder's are entered or one entry per point in random draw?