The question about wolves no one is asking but should be

Watch the video randy newberg eating one he shot . He didnt look like he was eating a ribeye . Head down to the local pound and get some fresh dog steaks .. . No thanks

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I like to think of myself as a hunter who hunts for food, but dogs are the critter I hunt that breaks that rule.

TaperPin

WKR
A family friend back in Wyoming set out to eat every animal and bird that could be legally shot or trapped. Nothing stood out as especially horrible, except for coyotes. Lol Wolf probably tastes a lot like dog, whatever they taste like. Lol

7mm-08

WKR
If you've never had the pleasure of carrying a dead one inside the carpeted canopy of your pickup, I can tell you firsthand they leave an odor that is unmistakable. Only an ozone generator can cure that "fragrance." Eating one would be a hard pass for me (and I love virtually all game meat - including raccoon).

t_carlson

WKR
A mate once told me that you shouldn't eat something that can lick its own ass. Seems logical.

Can't deer do that? I know for a fact waterfowl can because their oil glands are right next to their poopers.

Back to the original question.

The whole Meateater mindset of you HAVE TO eat everything you kill is getting a little annoying. No thanks, I don't want to eat coyotes, wolves, or the "fat behind deer eyeballs that tastes like bread dough."

I also think that there are very legitimate reasons for killing animals that do not involve eating them afterward. Predator and varmint control are one of the legitimate reasons.

The whole idea behind the mindset is to make killing palatable (no pun intended) to non-hunters. I get that, and I appreciate the effort, but I also think there is a danger in trying to normalize such behavior. At some point in the future, I would not be surprised of states like Colorado and Oregon etc. start making wanton waste laws apply to things I really don't want to eat.

How many yotes will get to live just because some hunter or trapper doesn't want to eat the disgusting things?

We were given dominion over animals in Genesis and the Bible doesn't say anything about actually having to eat all of it. I don't intend to relinquish that right just because some libs with purple hair and "pronouns" are "ok with hunting as long as you eat it."

t_carlson

WKR
A family friend back in Wyoming set out to eat every animal and bird that could be legally shot or trapped. Nothing stood out as especially horrible, except for coyotes. Lol Wolf probably tastes a lot like dog, whatever they taste like. Lol

Wolf probably tastes like coyote, IMO.

KenLee

WKR
If you've never had the pleasure of carrying a dead one inside the carpeted canopy of your pickup, I can tell you firsthand they leave an odor that is unmistakable. Only an ozone generator can cure that "fragrance." Eating one would be a hard pass for me (and I love virtually all game meat - including raccoon).
Raccoons cooked right taste 95% like wild rabbit, and rabbit is spectacular.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'll pass. Though I did get severed either cat or dog at a local Asian food restaurant (which since got shut down by the health dept. for having cat in their freezer) many years ago. I looked at my wife and asked does this taste weird to you, her response was it taste like crap, so we sent it back and walked out. It wasn't long after there was a report on the local news about the place.

JCS271

FNG
Watch the video randy newberg eating one he shot . He didnt look like he was eating a ribeye . Head down to the local pound and get some fresh dog steaks .. . No thanks

Long before Newberg, there was me....... :)

My neighbor and I have taken the backstraps from every wolf I have shot since 2011.

TaperPin

WKR
Long before Newberg, there was me....... :)

My neighbor and I have taken the backstraps from every wolf I have shot since 2011.
I was just going to ask how would one prepare a wolf to eat, but that would be a good way to ease into it. Lol