The Rokslide/First Lite Buck Hunt - Ryan Avery/ Kenton Carruth

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine the energy at 120 yards of .338 Lapua with a 300 grain bullet. If it was going to fail, that would be the time. So Ryan you've tested these Bergers from 120 to a mile and they've performed at both ends...?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Imagine the energy at 120 yards of .338 Lapua with a 300 grain bullet. If it was going to fail, that would be the time. So Ryan you've tested these Bergers from 120 to a mile and they've performed at both ends...?

I've killed animals from 15 yards to 1583 yards with the Bergers. They just plain work.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The Fusion Buck is almost home! Thanks again to Robby and Kenton. One of the most memorable hunts of my life.
776d70f80a9b81cf6aec1030d84a68cf.jpg

Hey boss, editing your post for those just seeing this, here he is again on the hoof about 60 days before you put the smack down:
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Slim Jim

WKR
That is a nice buck and the mount turned out great! I need your taxidermist. I still haven't got back my January 2015 live hunt buck back yet! That's some bullshit right there

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That is a stud! Any idea what he scored?

no problem asking but we don't score bucks like that, we just kill them. Over 29 wide, over 5" at the bases, and multiple points and probably pushing 300lbs pre-rut. We had him lab-aged, too- 6 years. Probably wouldn't get a lot bigger. Score just insults bucks like him. And the funny thing I've noticed is that even the hunters who are all-score-all-the-time still shoot bucks like this with no thought of score.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
no problem asking but we don't score bucks like that, we just kill them. Over 29 wide, over 5" at the bases, and multiple points and probably pushing 300lbs pre-rut. We had him lab-aged, too- 6 years. Probably wouldn't get a lot bigger. Score just insults bucks like him. And the funny thing I've noticed is that even the hunters who are all-score-all-the-time still shoot bucks like this with no thought of score.
I was just curious. I'm not really a trophy hunter, I've just never personally seen a buck that size and I've seen some that I thought were big. I wasn't trying to minimize him based on numbers.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I was just curious. I'm not really a trophy hunter, I've just never personally seen a buck that size and I've seen some that I thought were big. I wasn't trying to minimize him based on numbers.

no worries, you didn't come across that way.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Finally got him back and hung up. Not really a mule deer hunter, but I can see now what all the excitement is about:)
VimeUhOh

Last edited: