The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I have had fun so far. The nature of my profession is based on observations and inquiry so the stock market is pretty interesting to me.

That being said, I am still trying to realize my first 5% gain. Almost sold today, then didn't and things slid down. Oh well, live to sell again another day.

I do not claim this to be a factual, but from what I can see in my experiences is this....... If a particular stock I’m working with is up for the first part of the day and I’m thinking about selling it, I’m going to sell it before 12:30-1:00. It seems like even on “up days”, stocks tend to start trending down from their highs for the day around this time. Now, this isn’t true all the time, but for me, on average, I’m better off selling mid day rather than holding it till close to closing time. Sometimes there will be a run in that last hour of the day though.

WKR
BABA
BIDU
PXD
GPP
BPMC
TDOC
Okay so trying to understand how this works. In a market where doubling your money is super easy. I thought I would check these recommendations from March 4 compared to yesterday. For my exercise, I'll buy 1 share of each on March 4th and sell yesterday.

Baba March 4th $211.96 May 20 $216.82
BIDU March 4th $121.41 May 20 $108.52
PXD March 4th $123.50 May 20 $92.43
GPP March 4th $13.96 May 20 $6.12
BPMC March 4th $60.46 May 20 $63.49
TDOC March 4th $124.64 May 20 $171.27

total March 4th $655.93 Total May 30 $658.65
Total return .004%

Not sure how a person can make a great gain on those, I guess by intraday trading and getting lucky. I'll stick with my 11% per year and 12% per year return each of the last 10 years including this drop in my index funds. People day trade and make money all the time. Me, I'll keep my head in the sand thanks.

Okay so trying to understand how this works. In a market where doubling your money is super easy. I thought I would check these recommendations from March 4 compared to yesterday. For my exercise, I'll buy 1 share of each on March 4th and sell yesterday.

Baba March 4th $211.96 May 20 $216.82
BIDU March 4th $121.41 May 20 $108.52
PXD March 4th $123.50 May 20 $92.43
GPP March 4th $13.96 May 20 $6.12
BPMC March 4th $60.46 May 20 $63.49
TDOC March 4th $124.64 May 20 $171.27

total March 4th $655.93 Total May 30 $658.65
Total return .004%

Not sure how a person can make a great gain on those, I guess by intraday trading and getting lucky. I'll stick with my 11% per year and 12% per year return each of the last 10 years including this drop in my index funds. People day trade and make money all the time. Me, I'll keep my head in the sand thanks.

Nice. You are proving my point that you came here to troll, and have some infatuation with me because I was dumb enough to respond to you. You really should get the hell off of this thread. Just making yourself look like an arrogant tool.

My point, which clearly flew over your head, is that you returned 0 over 11 months. Meanwhile active traders, myself included, on here have made double digit gains in days, weeks, much less months.

Start your own thread, get outta here troll!

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
Oil / airlines finally making a decent run.. My oil /gas , airlines gamble hopefully paying off. Up almost REI up 20 per cent this week.

Blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. lol

WKR
Nice. You are proving my point that you came here to troll, and have some infatuation with me because I was dumb enough to respond to you. You really should get the hell off of this thread. Just making yourself look like an arrogant tool.

My point, which clearly flew over your head, is that you returned 0 over 11 months. Meanwhile active traders, myself included, on here have made double digit gains in days, weeks, much less months.

Start your own thread, get outta here troll!
No worries Doc, just looked up your recommendations and they returned .004%. So since I don't think there is anything I can gain from this thread, I am done with it. But congrats on your successful methods.

Does counting a $250 investment that returns $25 in a day count as a double digit gain, trying to get some perspective lol. That was rhetorical, don't answer please. Have fun. Still for the record, never got personal.

mwebs

WKR
I am not understanding the arguments that funds are the only way to make solid gains. I looked at the fire sale in March and all I saw was opportunity, stocks were 50% to 75% lower than there 52 week highs, which yes I know the major indices were at record or close to record highs. Anyways I got in with the thought of holding the blue chips long term and day trading the oil and travel/ tourism related stocks with the weekly volatility. The market has been somewhat easy to predict if you pay attention to the news of the day (excluding oil that was weird for a bit..).

I am very far from knowing what I am doing, but this had to be one of the easiest times to get into the market and I already have made some money/ locked in gains. Also as long as the companies weren't going to go bankrupt or had a good chance of bailout how could you not make money when they are up to 75% off, with a long term hold?

I appreciated lurking in this thread and finding a few day trading nuggets, so thanks everyone for the information provided and for keeping the thready alive!

mntnguide

WKR
Any of you guys have suggestions on scanners/services that are worthwhile? Lots of ones being promoted but a lot seem like junk. Im trying to increase my knowledge on options trading in particular, been paper trading, but would like to look into a service that might be worth spending some money on that can provide me with a little edge in what to look at etc. Just figured id see if anyone on here has any they might suggest looking into

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been doing good on flip flopping between DGAZ and UGAZ. Mostly overnight holds and sell the next morning.

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
  • Sounds like this may be one of those times that 35% of the active traders actually beat the index. Congrats on being one of those. I’m still just averaging into my index funds, happily. I’d be one of the 65% of active traders who lost.

• And you are probably right that most are just using fun money to do this. I did buy one stock at $12 about 6 weeks ago. It went to $4 and then is now at $26. So good luck to the pickers, just wanted to share another perspective.
For anyone holding weed stocks, they are way up if you are looking to cash out. TILRAY on fire
I went ahead a couple weeks ago and got TRTC at .07 and now up to .13; going to ride it out for some time make a few $$$ by end of summer.

Jess

FNG
Looks like i sold TLRY two days to early. I have been having fun learning though. Also want to say thanks for all of good tips and knowledge on here.

Clarktar

WKR
Looks like i sold TLRY two days to early. I have been having fun learning though. Also want to say thanks for all of good tips and knowledge on here.
I'm tempted to buy TLRY still.....

Finally sold SAVE for over 5 percent gain. Didn't get the high today as I was on a plane but set a limit sell and sold while I was in the air.

Question, is it possible to set a limit sell for a low amount to prevent a big slide but also set a limit sell high to try to capture a higher price? Effectively you are setting a profit range to target...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk