Thinking about going traditional?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Rokslide was formed as a place people can come to learn or teach others on the ways of their craft. Over the last few months I have gotten to know Ryan Sanpei. He is a dyed in the wool trad guy. Ryan has offered to help anyone starting out or wanting to get better with the stick and string. Here is a little more about Ryan.

Born and raised in the Hawaiian Islands, I had the great fortune of being able to hunt, fish, spearfish and surf from a young age. But for myself, there was just something about hunting. So after college, I made a serious commitment to bowhunting, giving all other hobbies little to no attention. Because of these bowhunting experiences, I’ve grown, learned a lot about myself and have met many great people in the process. I’m now looking forward to meeting, chatting with and gaining new knowledge from the great people here at Rokslide! Hopefully one day we’ll share a campfire or a “shaved ice” if you're ever here in the islands…

Aloha from Hawaii!

Ryan K. Sanpei

email: [email protected]

[video=youtube;XcV1lMPeUjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcV1lMPeUjU[/video]

Thanks for the introduction Ryan!

As Ryan mentioned, I'll be more than happy to help anyone who has questions about traditional bowhunting. I should be able to help in terms of shooting, tuning, initial bow set up, string building, etc. I don't know everything there is to know about traditional bowhunting, but I may be able to help offer a few suggestions. Please post your questions on the traditional forum. That way others can share their insight too. Plus it may answer the same questions that others may have as well. But if you don't want to post your question there, feel free to email me. If it's a bunch of questions, I may ask that you call me instead as I may have an easier time trying to explain myself over the phone.

I've also had many years behind a bolt action and compound bow. So I'm definitely able to relate to those who hunt with varied types of weapons.

wayback.jpg

10th grade... my dad's .308 Sako and my first Axis buck.

IMG_0535.jpg

My last hunt with my trusty Hoyt.

IMG_3969.jpg

These days my wife and I have just been hunting with our Stalker Stickbows. Staci's first ram.

Please keep in mind that many of these "informational videos" that I currently have are outdated. I have changed a few things since I last put these videos up. South Cox and I are currently working on re-doing all the videos. Hopefully we'll get them completed by next Spring. I'll be more than happy to clarify anything that I've done in any of my old videos.

Ryan has posted a few random videos. Here's a link to my youtube page. https://www.youtube.com/user/rysanpei

Thank you!

Ryan Sanpei
[email protected]