Thoughts on Zamberlan boots

ClydeM

FNG
Zamberlan has a new boot, the 1214 Lynx Mid GTX RR, which seems to be built specifically for spot and stalk archery hunting, which is exactly what I need a boot for. Being new, there aren’t a lot of reviews on the boot itself, so I was wondering what people’s experience with Zamberlan(in general) has been

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Zamberlans make great boots that fit my feet well. I have two different pairs that fit the same. That being said, boot fit is individual. Try them first if you can. YMMV. Good luck!

OP
C

ClydeM

FNG
Zamberlans make great boots that fit my feet well. I have two different pairs that fit the same. That being said, boot fit is individual. Try them first if you can. YMMV. Good luck!
Thanks! Unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to try them on first, but over the years I’ve had success with different shoe and boot brands; some fit me slightly better than others, but none have been remotely bad. I’m finally at a stage of wanting/needing a quality boot.

Poser

WKR
Zamberlain will favor a more narrow foot profile with average size toes in relation to your foot size. If you have a more wide shaped foot and especially if you have sausage toes, they may not be the ideal boot for you.

FYI: most companies you the same footbed design for their entire fleet of boots, so any other Zamberlain you can try on will probably fit very similarly. The flex rating will of course be different.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Zamberlain will favor a more narrow foot profile with average size toes in relation to your foot size. If you have a more wide shaped foot and especially if you have sausage toes, they may not be the ideal boot for you.

FYI: most companies you the same footbed design for their entire fleet of boots, so any other Zamberlain you can try on will probably fit very similarly. The flex rating will of course be different.
That's interesting. I have a wide-ish foot with a pronounced sixth toe. No saussage toes. I need a roomy toe box. Zamberlans and Lowas wides fit me well where others don't. For example, La Sportivas and Asolo kill my feet.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've got three pair of Zamberlans. I'd check the weights on those Lynx boots. My Leopards are a shorter version of the Lynx and they are a heavy boot. Can't imagine what the Lynx feel like. My Dakota's are light and very comfortable, but they discontinued them years ago. They are the best archery elk hunting boots I've ever worn.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like my mountain treks, I think they are the 2092s. They are narrow so I have to lace them right and not crank the toe box down before I lock the laces. They are nice and stiff so they work well for climbing and crap on use. It’s the boat I’ll be taking over to SEAK in august.

Finn16

WKR
I tried one pair of Zamberlans a few years ago and found the fit way different than any boot I've ever worn. I think they were narrow and just felt weird. I would definitely go somewhere and try them on versus buying a pair online and hoping they fit.

Zdub02

WKR
I've tried one pair of zamberlan and found the toe box too narrow and too low volume for my foot. Otherwise I loved the boot and thought it was well made but the fit killed them for me.

mgmicky

FNG
I’m with chizelhead on this one. I have 3 different pairs with their wide last and they fit better than any hiking boot I’ve tried

Lytro

WKR
I have a pair of the Lynx with boa lace system. Extremely well made boots, but I had a heel rub that never went away. No other boot has given me that experience, but maybe a half size up would have been better with these. They have about 30 miles on them and have been shelved since. Kenetrek's work much better with my feet and I really like the 1 piece design.

I have a pair of the Lynx with boa lace system. Extremely well made boots, but I had a heel rub that never went away. No other boot has given me that experience, but maybe a half size up would have been better with these. They have about 30 miles on them and have been shelved since. Kenetrek's work much better with my feet and I really like the 1 piece design.

To be fair, after a week of walking, my left big toe will be a little numb for a long time. Not sure if that would happen with another brand, but there it is.

I thought I had mine broken in before the first season, but 20 miles in proved otherwise. Last year, I just kt taped up before heading out and never had a blister in 5 long days.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
The Lynx is an excellent boot. It is lightweight (check the specs) and very tough. I believe they also offer it in a wide version. I have had a pair going on 4 years now and they are still in great shape. I use them in the high country of CO for archery hunting and they have always kept my feet dry and comfortable.

Lytro

WKR
To be fair, after a week of walking, my left big toe will be a little numb for a long time. Not sure if that would happen with another brand, but there it is.

I thought I had mine broken in before the first season, but 20 miles in proved otherwise. Last year, I just kt taped up before heading out and never had a blister in 5 long days.
It's funny you say that. Two years ago the big toe on my right foot went numb for over 2 months. It finally went away after steroid injections in my ankle and the doc said it was due to tarsal tunnel. I never contributed that to those boots, but it did happen immediately following a long weekend of wearing them all day.

Tmac

WKR
My Zamberlan boots have been excellent. What you need to do is study the various lasts they use for foot fit, each is a little different. But just because they work for some, they may not work for you. Really need to try them on.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I can't wear them because of the width of my feet. However, my best friend wears nothing other than Zamberlans. And he does A LOT of hiking and backpacking. They're worth it I'm sure

UThunter6

FNG
Zamberlan fits my feet well. On my 2nd pair. The break in time for me was minimal compared to other boots. Went to Zamberlan after a pair of Lowas that never could get to work for me.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I bought the previous model lynx on a smoking sale. They appear to be the same as the new but don’t have the rock shield around the toes. So far I am a fan. I typically wear Salomon’s, but the zamberlans seem much more durable and robust. I would plan a little bit of break in time with the zamberlans though. First couple trips out I was working on a hot spot or two ( 5ish mile trip) but after those trips they seem to have broken in and I have had no further issues

Big Ern

WKR
Injust got a pair of 981s….very high quality boot. Ibhave been wearing Crispis for years, but was looking for a better heel pocket.

So far, have been impressed with Zamberlan build quality. Time will tell on the rest, but looking good so far.