Tikka Prefits Recommendations

About to go with some of the bigger names that have 8-12 + wait times.

But before I do I wanted to see if there was recommendations for any other prefits that have shorter turn around times?

Looking to do a semi unique chambering in either 25prc or 6PRC or 6.5 SAUM which throws out some of the prefit companies due to limited reamer availability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T
Preferred barrel blanks .750 straight taper 6.5 gap 4s.

Heard great stuff, just kind of bummed they are 2-3 months out. Was ideally trying to use the rifle for a May bear hunt (plus time to work on reloading for it) but I may have to just be patient and use a different rifle

Heard great stuff, just kind of bummed they are 2-3 months out. Was ideally trying to use the rifle for a May bear hunt (plus time to work on reloading for it) but I may have to just be patient and use a different rifle

Pbb told me last week 12-16 weeks. That puts me around Memorial Day to get mine.

crich

WKR
No experience but Ive heard pva osprey blanks are great. Quick lead time too.

OP
T
PVA will spin up a 25 prc for you.

Thanks for the info. They use a barrel but setup I believe. I ordered a stockys tikka VG stock (sendero profile) so I’d imagine that I’d just have to inlet the stock a bit to make sure the nut isn’t contacting the stock?

Thanks for the info. They use a barrel but setup I believe. I ordered a stockys tikka VG stock (sendero profile) so I’d imagine that I’d just have to inlet the stock a bit to make sure the nut isn’t contacting the stock?

You can buy a PVA shouldered pre-fit, so no barrel nut. Their contours are a little weird where the specify the muzzle diameter regardless of barrel length.

I bought a 6.5 PRC on black friday from PVA and received it a month ago, but it was chambered as a 6.5 creedmoor. They have been good so far through the return, but they also just moved their shop for the last 2 weeks, so you might want to call them to confirm current lead times.

My pva is shouldered. Haven't dealt with them since August, didn't realize they relocated. Be very specific in your barrel contour requests, they basically custom contour every barrel. If you need a certain barrel diameter behind the muzzle threads definitely specify that.

I'd just send an action to a gunsmith with a shorter lead time or ask them if they do tikka prefits. I think a bunch of gunsmiths will make a pre-fit but aren't high volume operations that advertise it.

If you want to step up to a 7 SAUM, or do a 27 Sherman Short, you could go with Oregon Mountain.

I haven’t used one of their barrels yet, but a friend just got a Rem 700 done up by them in 300WM and initial impressions are very positive. He has only shot two factory loads through it, but both were sub-MOA.

If you want to step up to a 7 SAUM, or do a 27 Sherman Short, you could go with Oregon Mountain.

I haven’t used one of their barrels yet, but a friend just got a Rem 700 done up by them in 300WM and initial impressions are very positive. He has only shot two factory loads through it, but both were sub-MOA.
Dude Oregon mountain is pure junk, he's screwed over tons of clients including me.

About to go with some of the bigger names that have 8-12 + wait times.

But before I do I wanted to see if there was recommendations for any other prefits that have shorter turn around times?

Looking to do a semi unique chambering in either 25prc or 6PRC or 6.5 SAUM which throws out some of the prefit companies due to limited reamer availability

McGowen barrels is solid, I just hit them up for a 6.5 creed tikka prefit and told them I needed it in 6 weeks for a match.
It was delivered to my door 10 days later

Pwb199

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t say enough good things about Crown Ridge Barrel Works. If he has the contour and reamer in stock, turn around time will be incredibly fast. All the barrels I’ve ordered have shot very well, and Anthony is fantastic to deal with.

Arcola

FNG
I would get on the list with Unknown Munitions and use a different rifle for spring bear. It’ll be worth the wait to have a top quality finished product rather than jumping on whatever you can get your hands on in a hurry.