Truck Camper Shells

CCH

WKR
After waiting for six months for an RSI, I gave up. My dealer couldn't make any promises and he had given up on expecting any realistic update from RSI. Also, if one comes in damaged or with the wrong parts (they are packaged separately), get ready to start you wait over. If you are getting one for a Tacoma or Gladiator, that is probably less of a problem, but for anything else, you're taking a chance. I ended up with another A.R.E., this one an HD version. I am totally happy with it other than the price. They are all ridiculous at this point if you're buying new.

I paid $3200 for the top of the line Snugtop with all the bells and whistles in 2020 and I thought that was steep. Guess I’m glad I bought it when I did.

cfdjay

WKR
I learned the hard way about how expensive these damn things are. I had ideas of buying one used and getting it painted if necessary....slight problem. I bought a new body style trail boss. New body styles don't have many used truck caps. I ended up dropping the $4500 on a LEER.

WoodBow

WKR
I learned the hard way about how expensive these damn things are. I had ideas of buying one used and getting it painted if necessary....slight problem. I bought a new body style trail boss. New body styles don't have many used truck caps. I ended up dropping the $4500 on a LEER.
I'm in the same boat. I have owned a trail boss since they first came out. I am constantly cruising marketplace and they are super rare to pop up. When they do they are still $1700+

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Ranch topper and love it. It's the only topper I've ever owned tho, so I can't compare it to anything.

Id go with the RSI smartcap if i had to do it over, wasnt available for my truck at the time. I have an ARE and its nice enough that i wouldnt go out and replace it tho

joeyf1986

FNG
RSI Smartcap are alright if you only stay in warmer climates. Had one before...locks freezing all the time, and also no way to secure close from the inside. Real nice build quality though

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Instead of finding an old, used one and painting it...I wonder if getting it vinyl "wrapped" would be better. Maybe help it with leaking???