Turkey calls

Linemanjv

FNG
Hey fellas, been looking at getting a new pot call and a couple mouth calls. I’m having a hard time deciding which one to get. Hunting eastern Washington Merriam’s. Been looking at John Sinclair calls and David halloran but open to anything. I’ve been killing birds with cheap primos calls for years but would like to add something a little nicer to the arsenal. Thanks

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
For mouth calls woodhaven are tough to beat for comfort and tone. My woodhaven glass pot call is great.

dtrkyman

WKR
Halloran or Sinclair will be at the top of a pot call list. Add a Yingling to that mix. Mouth calls are personal preference generally.

A friend of mine built the calls for Phelps/Meateater may want to try a couple, he has made all my calls for years, though he builds them specific to what I want!

I like Crystal, particularly out west, Crystal Mistress is my go to pot.

Taudisio

WKR
I’ve never liked the pitch of any pot calls other than slate. Woodhaven mouth calls are my choice.

OP
L

Linemanjv

FNG
I appreciate the input guys. I ordered a crystal mistress. Not sure which mouth calls to get yet. Anybody have any specific ones they like? I understand calls fit everyone different

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
Look up Hardy game calls out of WV. I use their split personality pot. Glass on one side for good volume and slate on the flip side for finishing work. Also they have excellent customer service. Often times I have talked with the owner when I called.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider

hobbes

WKR
Mouth Calls

Mother Lode Calls (Joe Slaton)

Hooks Calls

Gooserbat Calls (using these this year)

Donjuan

WKR
IMO the best mouth calls I can find are made by Sadler McGraw. He also has a walnut glass over slate that is all turkey

qwerksc

WKR
Woodhaven Toxic Orange. Crystal cherry also a Woodhaven. Haven’t seen a turkey on my property since last spring, started calling this morning, Tom will be here by the opener.

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
My dad loves his Pinhotti mouth call, my brother likes a Phelps, and I like my TomTeaser. It’s preference, but make sure to at least get a fairly nice one and not just a cheap one with a real basic cut because I assure you it makes a huge difference. I like a ghost cut, batwing is good too but again, preference