Unit 25 Wyoming

Fordguy

WKR
$200-$250 per year...over the last 21 years. I'm guessing around $4500-$5000 total, makes up for a bunch of cheapskates that use the program and contribute nothing.

AF36F403-73BF-4630-816E-2DC78C053F54.jpeg
Well, that beats my average annual donation... Though I've never actually used the access yes program properties. I usually think of it in terms of averages. Im not sure what the most recent numbers are but the last year I checked it was around 40k nonresident hunters (I think- so don't quote me). So if each of those hunters pitched say 25, there's a quick MIL for access yes. A $50 average for 2 MIL and so on. 50 is a small part of the travel budget for an out of state trip for me, and I'm not wealthy. I have no idea what the actual average contribution is though, and not sure where to find out (if that info is even available).

Wags

WKR
By simple I meant a blanket solution, one size fits all (or at least most). Not that it would be easy given the checkerboard of land ownership and pushback from folks who currently enjoy private use of landlocked parcels.

Long story short it's never going to change. It's just part of hunting those areas. It's frustrating at times. I know I wish I could access certain public areas myself but with the difference in views on corner crossing from state to state and warden to warden the juice may not be worth the squeeze.

You want an even more frustrating situation. In CO there is a block of state land that buts up against my land. Every year that state land is leased to an outfitter for them to guide on. Because of that nobody except the outfitter can access it or hunt it even though it's state land.

Each state has it's quirks....