Upland benelli

samc

Lil-Rokslider
I was running after some huns and got the click. Anything that causes the bolt to not be closed the entire way causes the click. Even something like running, or you bump it. Its ridiculous…my versamax has never had that problem.
Maybe it is just some guns that have these problems or maybe a QC issue with Benelli. I run more often than I'd like to admit when upland hunting, and like I said in my previous post the click has never happened to me.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I've put a lot of miles on my Montefeltro over the years in the grouse and I can only think of one time I've ever that happen. The bolt going out of battery when slightly moved is definitely something to be aware of, but I'm totally fine with just paying attention to it and still having a lightweight auto that points/swing well. With the heavy amount of upland hunting I do every year, it's just become second nature to watch out for it at this point, I honestly don't see it as being much differently than subconsciously double checking that the safety is still to the rear position on my over/unders, but YMMV.

That is an excellent description of what I do with my Montefeltro. I never have the "click" problem if I am even remotely paying attention. I really like my Montefetro for a wide variety of upland hunting.

Reactions: OMB

JjamesIII

WKR
The "Benelli Click" is when the bolt accidently comes out of battery and the trigger is pulled. The hammer strikes the back of the bolt body and not the firing pin. The result is a gun that clicks instead of going boom.
This has happened to me a few times after I've jarred the bolt after falling down or getting it snagged walking through brush.
It is most common in Inertia opearted models with a rotary bolt face. The best way of avoiding it is to be aware of it happening and then opening and forcefully closing the bolt. You can use the Wolffe +25% spring to help reduce it some. It won't eliminate it though, and it makes the action a little stiffer and even less reliable with lighter loads. Just never jar the bolt or snag it and it won't click instead of boom..
Agree! It’s bumping the gun out of battery or not even initially charging the bolt into battery. User errors 100%. When in doubt, double check it, not hard. I personally haven’t had it ever burn me because I’m cognizant of the mechanics of how the operating system works. It’s a very reliable and durable design that takes very little maintenance. My only complaint is how poorly my sbe is “regulated”- poi is stupid high. Benelli sucks ass for not fixing that for all of these years. 80/20 patterns should not be acceptable.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
Agree! It’s bumping the gun out of battery or not even initially charging the bolt into battery. User errors 100%. When in doubt, double check it, not hard. I personally haven’t had it ever burn me because I’m cognizant of the mechanics of how the operating system works. It’s a very reliable and durable design that takes very little maintenance. My only complaint is how poorly my sbe is “regulated”- poi is stupid high. Benelli sucks ass for not fixing that for all of these years. 80/20 patterns should not be acceptable.

I have a Benelli M2 that patterned high like that. My Montefeltro by contrast patterns 50/50.

Another montefeltro user here, thousands of rounds over the last 7 years and never once had the click (had a couple primers that failed to ignite but thats it). It is about as perfect an upland gun as I can imagine

Holski

FNG
I have the SBII, Monte, SBEIII, and the M2. Only problem I have ever had with Benelli is the M2 (20 guage) that my wife uses is incredibly hard to load. The spring is ridiculous and from what I've read it was what Benelli does to fix an issue of cycling shells in the 20 guages. For the Benelli click I have had it happen on my SBEII but they fixed it and I have tried to force it not to lock down on the SBIII, but it always does.