Used bow buying advice

TC406

FNG
I'm still new to the bow hunting game. I've been practicing for two year but haven't harvested anything with a bow yet. I have been shooting an old PSE Durango that is a hand-me-down. It shoots great but definitely lacks UMPH. There is what appears to be a screaming deal on a bare Hoyt Vector Turbo (2012) that needs a new string. Is it worth the upgrade for the extra power, or should I save my pennies for a more current bow next year and hunt the Durango for now?

OR Archer

WKR
No. The Vector Turbo is not one of the better tuning Hoyt’s out there. I’d save some more and keep looking.

Not sure what your budget is. I got a brand new PSE Madness Unleashed for like 400 bucks... Might be worth just saving money and doing a good upgrade. Especially if your current bow is still grouping well.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
This winter the big manufacturers will be releasing next years models. There will be guys all over dumping one and two year old bows in mint condition for the new line. Check eBay, CL, AT classifieds, bow shops, etc and you’ll easily find a like new bow for half of new price.

I haven’t bought a brand new bow in 10 years or more. I just by my buddies trade ins. My Halon 6 I got for less than $500. I have an HTR I paid $375 for last year. Just guys going after the newest stuff. I’m looking at a Traverse next year and I’ve seen a couple for sale already so spring I am sure I’ll find a deal on one.

fatlander

WKR
You can get one and two year old bows for less than half price on archery talk if you look often and catch the good deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

TC406

FNG
Yes I've decided to pass on it at the advice from the guys at the local shop. Pm incoming Nick

OP
T

TC406

FNG
I don't really have one at the moment, and not in the good way 😂 It looked like too good a deal to pass up, but all advice pointed at it just not being a great bow for me.