Vote on 2023 Best Youth Photo, sponsored by Western Edge Gear

Vote for best 2023 youth hunt photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Once again choosing the finalist was tough, and we had a great variety of critters, settings, and happy kids. I had to enlist the help of the accounting department, aka my wife, who is a much better judge of photography than I. Now it's your turn to vote on the best photo of youth hunters in 2023. (Tapatalk users cannot see the poll, so use the full site if you want to vote.)

This year's prize will be an Elkhorn package with a choice of color, belt size, and either an orange lid or reversible/detachable panel to help comply with hunter orange requirements and to help keep track of kids in the field. Second prize will be a chest pack in winner's choice of color.

The Rules
- Only votes from Rokslide members with accounts registered by 1/15/24 will be counted, although those late votes will still appear in the poll.

- Please only vote once per person--@Jskaanland is watching! Double votes will disqualify all your votes.

- If you made the finalist list, you may vote for your own photo. Attempts to vote from multiple user names will be handled with the @RyanAvery ban hammer.

- Only the official poll will be used to award the winner. Comments are welcome, but won't count as votes.

- See the entry thread for additional rules.

- Poll is open until February 5, 2023.

- @robby denning has the final say.

Finalists in order of entry. Good luck.

04 nphunter
04 nphunter.jpg

07 hunt1up

07 hunt1up.JPG

15 Cant Hit em
15 Cant hit em.jpg

27 Doghed
27a Doghed.jpg

35 Wickedwagens

35 Wickedwagens.jpg

37 GreyBeck
37 GreyBeck.jpg

44 LIWolverine
44 LIWolverine.jpg

75 WVelkhunter
75 WVelkhunter.jpg

89 Wbundy
89 Wbundy.jpg

106 Idaho Brad
106 Idaho Brad.jpg

Last edited:

Dos XX

WKR
I love this contest every year, but it almost makes me feel guilty to vote for one because they are all awesome. That said, I keep going back to 07 hunt1up because it makes me smile every time I look at it. 15 cant hit em, 89 wbundy and 106 idaho brad were strong contenders, too.

07 hunt1up for the win for me.

OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I love this contest every year, but it almost makes me feel guilty to vote for one because they are all awesome. That said, I keep going back to 07 hunt1up because it makes me smile every time I look at it. 15 cant hit em, 89 wbundy and 106 idaho brad were strong contenders, too.

07 hunt1up for the win for me.
Yeah, it's hard to whittle them down to 10.

OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Poll is closed. Thanks again to everyone for participating. Keep getting those kids out there doing stuff.

I missed a step in my earlier post, so I'm editing this one.

To make it official, @Jskaanland and @robby denning will verify all the votes. When they're done, I will notify the winners.

Last edited:
OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
After a brain freeze on my part yesterday (haggling with teenagers will do that to you), the tally is finally official. In accordance with the rule about 1/15/24 cutoff for accounts, WBundy had the most votes followed by Wickedwagens.

We look forward to next year's hunts and more great pictures.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Killer images! Love to see those kids out there. #gooddads #goodmoms

Winners (as in parents). We'll share these images on Instagram soon, UNLESS you don't want your child on there? Let me know in a PM please.

AND if you want it shared and you want tagged, PM me your IG handle.

Thanks everyone for getting these kids out! Hunting's future depends on it.

TetonRecon

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you so much to Rokslide for hosting this contest every year. I love seeing all the kids photos. Thanks to everyone that voted and a HUGE thanks to Steve at Western Edge Gear for sponsoring the contest. My daughter is beyond excited to have a real hunting backpack! These kids are so lucky. I remember hunting a lot of days in blue jeans and a Carhartt coat. Anything I needed had to fit in my pockets or on my belt!