Rokslide 2023 Youth Photo Contest sponsored by Western Edge Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mev002

FNG
My son’s axis doe he took on 12/27/23 in Moloka’i Hawaii.

49e7bb380f78f75c31e042de74037688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evasal

FNG
8yrs old daughter?? I have a hell lot of work to do on my 11 years old daughter

spdrman

WKR
My 10 yr old packing out his first bull, my buddy Tanner came up to help get the second load out and is super handy behind a camera and snapped this pic of myself and my 2 boys. This season with my boys is going to be a hard one to top.
DSC00150.jpeg

Time for the Rokslide 2023 Youth Hunt Photo Contest! Post up your photos of the next generation of hunters with the results of their hard work and learning for a chance at some prizes.

First prize will be a an Elkhorn Package, a 2500-cubic inch pack with meat shelf and detachable lid. The package includes the winner's choice of frame height, belt size, plus a choice of either an orange lid or reversible/detachable panel to help comply with hunter orange requirements in some states (and to help keep track of kids in the field).

Second prize will be a Chest Pack in the winner’s choice of color.

For reference, the first picture below shows a 4'10" kid with the Elkhorn and panel carrying three quarters and both backstraps of a deer on the shelf, a 45 pound packout. The second shows him at 5’2” with an entire whitetail doe on the shelf (72 pound packout).

MTMD20-.JPG

IMG_3719.JPG

As always, photos will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1. WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes into account lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2. Composition. How is the photo arranged and balanced – is there too much or too little of the background/foreground, animal, subject, etc.?

3. Animal size. This is not a biggest animal contest, but a best photo contest that captures your youth hunter in the field. In this case, the focus is on the youth hunter, not necessarily the animal – but if two pictures are equal, generally the more impressive animal will win the tie-breaker.

4. Only one photo per animal entered. Must be a photo of your youth hunter in the field during the 2023 season (January 1- December 31, 2023), involved in any kind of hunting – waterfowl, small game, big game, etc. The youth hunter must be 17 or younger during the 2023 January 1-December 31 hunting season.

5. Only one photo entry is allowed per youth per animal (so one mule deer, one antelope, per youth etc.) Member parents or legal guardian can post on the youth's behalf, or the youth can join Rokslide and post himself.

6. Rokslide staff will select finalists, and Rokslide members will vote for the winner.

7. By posting photos on this thread, you agree to allow Rokslide and Western Edge Gear use the photos in promotional material without compensation.

8. Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

9. To get an idea of what we're looking for in a winning photo, check out previous finalists here:
2020, 2021, 2022.

10. Deadline for photo submittal will be January 15, 2024.

Good luck out there.
IMG_4928.3.jpegIMG_3706.jpegSon’s first turkey and daughter’s first buck. She got the buck on her 16th birthday.

Laramie

WKR
My 10 yr old packing out his first bull, my buddy Tanner came up to help get the second load out and is super handy behind a camera and snapped this pic of myself and my 2 boys. This season with my boys is going to be a hard one to top.
View attachment 653816
Love the picture but scares me to see a kid packing antlers up without any orange on.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK everyone, thanks for submitting and showing off our next generation and the future of hunting.

Entry thread is locked while @nodakian gets the voting thread ready. We'll post a reminder on this thread when that goes live, so just hit "watch" upper right (or the flag on TapaTalk) to get a notification. Remember it's fine to vote on your image when this goes live (heck I'd vote for my kid even if the photo was bad lol)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.