Vote on the 2023 Best Elk Hunt Photo

Please Vote on 2023 Best Elk Photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The Rokslide staff just voted on the 2023 finalists based on the rules in the entry thread

Now it's Rokslide members' turn to pick the winners.
Kifaru has upped their game and put up TWO BIG PRIZES for 1st & 2nd Place. It will be winner’s choice (meaning 1st place gets first choice of the Kifaru gear).

Our friends at Kifaru have put up a A Kifaru 8-man Tipi this year!!!! Don't need the tipi? Then take a $1,000 Credit in the Kifaru Store (no spouse permission needed, just spend it!)
2nd place takes the unclaimed prize.

And for 3rd place, long-time sponsor
Phone Skope stepped up with a great prize package:

-Phone Skope Case
-Phone Skope C3 Optic Adapter
-Phone Skope Lens Cap
-Bino Loops
-Cleaning Cloth

Rounding out 4th place, Iron Will Outfitters is in for a Custom Engraved K2 Ultralight Skinning Knife (review by @Jared Bloomgren here)

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you'd like to vote.)

Only Rokslide members with accounts registered by 12/28/23 will be counted towards winners (the fairest way to pick a winner), although those late votes will still show up in the poll.

We'll leave the poll open until approximately the evening of Sunday January 14th.

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest.

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll using the member's name listed at top of each photo.

(if you made the finalist list and are an instagram user, PM @robby denning your user name if you'd like to be tagged on Rokslide's IG Post on this contest)

@snowymtnwolf
snowymtnwolf.jpg

@cprentice32
cprentice32.JPG

@Thee_rt
Thee_rt.jpeg

@Yon181
Yon181.jpeg

@TN731
TN731.jpg

@HoytHntr4
HoytHntr4.jpeg

@Hank
Hank.jpeg

@COTubbs
CoTubbs.jpeg

@BK Peterson
BK Peterson.jpeg

@thegoosano
thegoosano.jpg

Last edited:
D

DanM

Awesome pictures....Tough choice on the best. More wishing I was one of them...Congrats to all.

Idahohillboy

Lil-Rokslider
I disagree I think there were way better choices than a few of these especially the other pic of the pack string in the mountains with the sunset that was an epic pic. I mean why you have people vote at all if your gonna pull pics with a few votes on them?

Some of the finalists I love the pics but Im for BK then HoytHunter to win.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I disagree I think there were way better choices than a few of these especially the other pic of the pack string in the mountains with the sunset that was an epic pic. I mean why you have people vote at all if your gonna pull pics with a few votes on them?

Some of the finalists I love the pics but Im for BK then HoytHunter to win.
three reasons we do this:

#1) the votes on the post of the pic would be very unfair to use as a gauge because those who got a bull in September would have way more time to collect to votes than a November bull.

#2) Site poll software only allows 10 choices and 10 photos (and it makes the contest more manageable, we had about 4 man hours into just picking/posting the finalists, not to include monitoring the thread for 4 months.)

#3) we have people vote because we want the community to have a say on the big winners.

thanks for chiming in

twall13

WKR
I appreciate all that goes into these contests behind the scenes. It doesn't help that people don't read the rules and you have to sort through ineligible entries, etc. Thanks for putting them on, I always enjoy following the threads and voting.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
...It doesn't help that people don't read the rules and you have to sort through ineligible entries, etc. Thanks for putting them on, I always enjoy following the threads and voting.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
that's the 4 months I mentioned! thanks Twall

Did you happen to notice something changed with the voting this year?