VTers Long range practice

Eleven

FNG
Hey Vermonters, where do you go to practice long range firearms shooting? I have a couple of formal local ranges around but nothing past 200yds (Montpelier/barre and Morrisville). I have a few buddies who have carved out +/- 300 on their property but I don’t know of anything else around with more yardage. I’d really like to stretch my skill level and practice at extended range but I have nowhere to go. Anybody know of anything available? I live in Montpelier but I’m fine with traveling a reasonable distance (1.5hours each way ish).

If this should be in a different forum I apologize.

Veloci_Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
If you get any leads, let me know. I'm in SoVT, but would travel a little ways to practice at 300 plus.

Veloci_Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
Is there not any public land within that distance?
AFAIK, most public land in VT is very dense, and mountainous (Green Mountain National Forest, Nature Conservancy, various Town Forests, etc.) There is public land nearby that I hunt, but it makes for terrible target practice.

littlefish

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Vermonters, where do you go to practice long range firearms shooting? I have a couple of formal local ranges around but nothing past 200yds (Montpelier/barre and Morrisville). I have a few buddies who have carved out +/- 300 on their property but I don’t know of anything else around with more yardage. I’d really like to stretch my skill level and practice at extended range but I have nowhere to go. Anybody know of anything available? I live in Montpelier but I’m fine with traveling a reasonable distance (1.5hours each way ish).

If this should be in a different forum I apologize.

If you get any leads, let me know. I'm in SoVT, but would travel a little ways to practice at 300 plus.
Not sure how far it would be for you, but Sheepdog Warrior in Catskill, NY goes out to 1000 yards. The public can shoot there for an hourly price.