WA spring bear

Another close encounter yesterday but no bear. I was driving some grass covered roads when I came around the corner and I saw a chocolate bear in the middle of the road. It ran up the hill to the left into really thick timber that was about 40-50 ft tall. I went running in after it because I could hear it crashing through the trees. Just a little ways into the timber I could tell the bear had started climbing a tree. I followed the sound until I was right below the bear. I could hear it snapping its teeth and huffing at me whenever I would get real close. The trees were so thick that I couldn't see much more than ten feet above me and I could never see the dang bear in the tree. I tried for about 45 minutes to get a look at it and I just couldn't see high enough up the tree. It was pretty fun but I would have been happier to get a shot at it.

Here are a few pics from yesterday.

Gnarly I thought I explored everywhere we can hunt in there for the spring bear part, I haven't seen that tower yet. But that's cool! Well keep up man, hope we all up a few more tags on the bored here these next 2 days.

I will have to look that way next time I go up, well just Hollar if you get something down and need a hand we won't be up till mid day. Good luck tomorrow man!

well im done. last day of the season today and im calling it early, woke up at 3am this morning looked around at my gear room and said " I think id rather hang out with my kids today" so were having a BBQ later with family. I hit it hard last night and for all of the season really. was up at least three or four times a week (some weeks more) except for one week. saw a few bears but nothing special. until they change the hunt boundaries on that tag I wont be putting in for it again, going to save points for the blues so it will probably be a few years before im spring bear hunting again. fillthefreezers wife shot my bear anyway, I was going to give your trail camera the ole fruit basket treatment but I didn't. I know your probably a bit disappointed, sorry

justins up there now, hopefully he can knock one down. probably the biggest surprise of the season is that that guy hasn't got one. I was sure id be chasing him for bragging rights. that's hunting I guess

anyone pull one out on the last day of springer season? put a good stock on one last night he pulled the sneek on us, seen a masher 7x7 easily 8x8 by season bull maybe even 9x9 who knows...masher needless to say! put a pic of him in the digiscoping iphone section. i had fun for it being my first time/season of kapowsin spring bear! may get a pass next year in there who knows.

Well I got a little one yesterday afternoon. I was headed down from one of my spots and passed an overgrown spur road. I saw the bear eating in the high grass as I went by. I walked back and it was trotting through the grass straight away from me. I had about 3 seconds to kneel and shoot so I didn't get as good a look as I would have liked. If it would have been standing still I would have passed but that's how it goes sometimes. All in all it was a fun spring and I saw a lot of animals including four bears, a bobcat, three coyotes and a ton of deer and elk.

I didn't shoot your bear littlebuf, I shot a big bear. :)

It's a sad day for us Trevor. We got bested by a girl again. First Charlie's wife, and now Lynzie is kicking our butts.

In September we are going to have to step up or sell all of our hunting stuff I think.

Congratulations to all of you who got you bear , even your "little" bear Justin. Those are all bears that have killed their last fawn or calf :).

Back