Warning! if they haven't already- Photobucket is going to hose you

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
my only hope is that Photobucket goes the way of the Beta tape (or someone finally comes to their senses- which is highly unlikely)

Scoot

WKR
There's got to be some reasonable way to get the pics from PB to another site, isn't there? I can now really see the "create dependency" piece of this, as was pointed out by a previous post...

colonel00

WKR
There's got to be some reasonable way to get the pics from PB to another site, isn't there? I can now really see the "create dependency" piece of this, as was pointed out by a previous post...
Pretty much you just have to download them all and upload to a different site. I think there's a way to do a mass download but I'd have to look for it.

For me, I plan to keep stuff on PB but only as a backup storage since it's free.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Pissed about this and will not be using PB ever again these asshole can take their crappy ad filled website and stick it. /rant off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pissed about this and will not be using PB ever again these asshole can take their crappy ad filled website and stick it. /rant off

I don't have a ton of pics hosted with them but this stunt pisses me off to no end. I suspect that this will be their complete demise unless they quickly revise the policy.

I often wonder if ads make up enough revenue to keep sites like this profitable long term without having to transition to a paid service, but this is freaking ridiculous!

When I got the email in my SPAM Gmail folder from PB today saying I was in breach of the user agreement policy I thought it was bogus. Now that i see it's true I'm just pissed!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I did a lot of digging about Photobucket. Found out there head quarters is right here in Denver Colorado. I found a lot of interesting Comments about the company itself and people who have worked for them. Here are some things I jotted down.

Photobucket.com, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg

2399 Blake Street
Suite 160
Denver, CO*80205
United States

Phone:
303-226-6800
Fax:
303-395-1165

www.photobucket.com

John Corpus President and Chief Executive Officer
Twitter John Corpus (@Lapu2X) on Twitter
Read the comments here about Photobucket Company
Photobucket Reviews | Glassdoor
Explains a lot about whats happening now.
Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/johncorpus/

Gr8bawana

WKR
Maybe those of you with a lot more computer knowledge can tell me if we couldn't just store our photos on a flash drive. You can get a 32 GB flash drive at Best Buy for $10-$12.

colonel00

WKR
Maybe those of you with a lot more computer knowledge can tell me if we couldn't just store our photos on a flash drive. You can get a 32 GB flash drive at Best Buy for $10-$12.

Yup, you could do that. However, as I've gotten to where I have more and more photos and videos, 32GB doesn't last long at all. Hell, I run two 64GB cards in my camera and actually even just upgraded one of those to 128GB.

What is nice about online storage is it is separate and safe from any sort of disaster that might hit your home. All it takes is one hard drive crash or flash drive failure and everything is gone unless you have backups.

rayporter

WKR
dumping PB too. got to test

ESCsNXx.jpg

BCsteve

WKR

Yes but that doesn't help you with posting pictures online.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mine dropped Friday. I am trying out imgur at the moment and used it to rebuild my main thread. However I just think about all the stuff lost across many forums with this move and it's a bit sad. The hosting fee jumping to $400 or nothing is not one many folks would bite on. If it was more reasonable I bet they would actually have gotten some more folks signing up, esp. if that also meant getting rid of all the ads popping up in the interface.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Imgur seems to be the best and easiest to navigate and they do different links depending on what your wanting to do also just like PB did. Im using Imgur for sure.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I will do a new Write up on how to post a photo using Imgur. I like it. No pop ups no latency seems to run smooth. Not sure why I didnt find this way along time ago.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I will do a new Write up on how to post a photo using Imgur. I like it. No pop ups no latency seems to run smooth. Not sure why I didnt find this way along time ago.

The desk top interface for getting picture links (with the appropriate size) is pretty straight forward when looking at individual photo mode (not album). The mobile I haven't figured out other than the main picture link which I have to manully type in the "
" also need to add a "l" before ".jpg" to get it properly sized for the forum. If you figure out the formatted links on mobile post it! ;)

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
The desk top interface for getting picture links (with the appropriate size) is pretty straight forward when looking at individual photo mode (not album). The mobile I haven't figured out other than the main picture link which I have to manully type in the "
" also need to add a "l" before ".jpg" to get it properly sized for the forum. If you figure out the formatted links on mobile post it! ;)

Will do going to get all my photos transferred then play with both the website and mobile.