Watches

Hunter6

WKR
I got a Traverse Alpha as a gift, I am still tying to figure out how to use all of the functions! You may could give me a lesson or two!

I had to break down and read the manual. Once I did tou realize how awesome and useful that watch is.

---

Follow me on Instagram @hunter_hindman

jwb300

WKR
Suunto X Lander - it doesn't have a GPS but they are a waste of time on watches. I use the alarm, compass, altimeter and barometer regularly when I am hunting in the mountains. Surprisingly accurate.

I have a Pyle ABC watch that my wife got me off of Amazon for Christmas. At first I was leery, and wanted a Suunto instead. However, the $45 price tag was appealing and the reviews were solid so I tried it. The only complaint is the watch face scratches relatively easy, so take it off when you're working on your truck.

I've checked the altimeter vs. my GPS and it appears to be pretty accurate. There thermometer is not accurate while wearing the watch. I lost it last winter when the band broke during a fall while chukar hunting. I didn't realize the watch was gone until I was at the truck, and I sure as hell wasn't going back for it at that point. I bought another one after looking at Suuntos again, before deciding I'd be pretty upset if I had lost a $250 watch.

colonel00

WKR
In my opinion, the best hunting watch is Suunto Traverse, and it has a lot of different features, you will never get lost with this watch. Every hunter has advised such a watch because it has everything you need: GPS Navigator, "Hunting" and "Fishing" modes with the appropriate types of POI, pressure monitoring and storm warning, water resistance to 100 m, and much more. But of course, I do not buy the original because it is a lot of money, I always use 레플리카시계. This is very convenient and does not break the bank, which is very good for my passion for hunting.

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
Y'all crazy! Garmin Fenix.... pick the one with the features you need. Nothing else comes close.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Venom One

WKR
I wear a Garmin Instinct for hunting because it's easy to get turned around in the thick PNW woods. Having a compass readily available for quick reference is awfully handy. I used to use a handheld compass, but having to dig it out of a pocket - often with a gloved hand - on a regular basis gets old really fast.

For everyday use, Casio G-Shock's are awesome.

TheGDog

WKR
Need Suggestions for a watch to wear while hunting that meets following criterion:

• Is NOT all kinds of thick! Looking for something that doesn't want to get hung-up where watch meets beginning of sleeve of jacket!
  • Is Digital with big easy to see numbers.
  • Main screen always shows the seconds.
  • Can be illuminated with button push when needed.
  • Not a metal band.
  • Isn't very reflective.

Off-shoot question for further down the road when can save-up money:
Among those watches which can monitor heart rate, count steps, and do GPS stuff... which ones are the thinnest?

FNG
I dunno about hunting specific but I’ve been partial to Luminox and G-Shocks. I’m an analog guy, never bothered with a smart watch.

TheGDog

WKR
5$ Casio f-91w. Have had mine to 70+ ft freediving with no issues. Can’t beat the price
Yeah I ordered one of those, but the stock band it arrived with was like 1.0in too short. What is this "NATO Band" I've seen a few posters mention here?

fish impaler

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I ordered one of those, but the stock band it arrived with was like 1.0in too short. What is this "NATO Band" I've seen a few posters mention here?
Standard watch band that interfaces with a bunch of different mfg. watches. Don’t think the f91w was designed for use with the NATO band but supposedly it works. Stock band fits me fine so I haven’t gone beyond that.

TheGDog

WKR
Welp, ordered a couple of those Nato bands. Hopefully they are long enough! Thinks for the tip everybody.

mflo

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I'm a bit of a watch nerd, but my favorite 'beater' watch for all outdoor activities is my Seiko "Arnie" SNJ029. Solar powered, tells time and date, has a backlight on the little digital screen, alarm, and a chronograph (which I use to time hikes, etc.) I put it on a tan NATO strap.

Attachments

• IMG_3313.JPG
    IMG_3313.JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 19

Austink47

WKR
I really like a dive watch with a timing bezel. Really Keeps me honest when I say I am going to give an animal an hour after a hit, or when I am I not going to call again for 20 minutes. Cant go wrong with a seiko, but there are plenty of good options out there.