What content do you want to see from us?

Team AllTerra

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi all,

Cole from AllTerra Arms here. We're a hunting focused, precision rifle company based in Boise, ID. We offer 1/2 MOA rifles via a dilligent Q/C process and provide the public with high end carbon fiber stocks and other various services.

Would like your thoughts and input here. We've been doing a lot of videos recently showing how we chamber, the ammunition we load, our stock bedding process, rifle validation, etc. What videos would you like to see on Youtube and Social Media? We aim to be informative and would appreciate any feedback.

Here's the links to our Youtube and Socials-

Youtube
Website
Instagram

Reddit

Thank you in advance for your help!

-Cole

Last edited:

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure of your capabilities or what you are looking for, but I've seen a lot of interest in shorter barreled rifles lately. How short to cut a barrel and the corresponding velocity drop. It would be nice to have a definitive set of data for barrel lengths vs velocity for factory loads for a few hunting cartridges: 300prc, 7prc, 6.5cm, 308 etc.
Then throw a suppressor on at the different lengths for velocity changes.
It might be out there already, but just an idea.

OP
Team AllTerra

Team AllTerra

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Not sure of your capabilities or what you are looking for, but I've seen a lot of interest in shorter barreled rifles lately. How short to cut a barrel and the corresponding velocity drop. It would be nice to have a definitive set of data for barrel lengths vs velocity for factory loads for a few hunting cartridges: 300prc, 7prc, 6.5cm, 308 etc.
Then throw a suppressor on at the different lengths for velocity changes.
It might be out there already, but just an idea.
We've been having some suggestions from the populace and the industry in regards to "Scout Length Barrels". Might have to throw that in the mix! I like your idea to show load data on the variances. Thanks for the contribution.

-Cole

Would be cool to show the difference of hand loads in a factory rifle (3/4-1moa) VS a sub 1/2” custom rifle. Show when and where a custom rifle is affective over a factory setup especially for western hunting. I’ve found guys can get factory guns to the 500-600yd mark (shooter capability also matters), but from my custom gun those ranges become automatic instead of leaving doubt or working real hard to get there. Getting in the mountain with confidence is huge.

Included would not just be bench shooting but more awkward shots found in field conditions to show how a custom rifle can help eliminate shooter error to an extent from tighter groups downrange. Backpack shooting, tripod shooting, steep angle, shooting sticks, maybe if the rifle is canted slightly as well. Real world data shown not just discussion.

shwacker

FNG
I would love to have kind of a beginner's list of what matters and what doesn't in rifle, ammo, etc based on what a person is trying to achieve. For example, if you are trying to kill deer inside 300 yds, here are the things you need dialed to be good enough; for elk at 600 yards, here is what you should add to that, etc.

I would guess your experience and expectations far exceed most normal hunting situations. It would also be interesting to see you discuss where you think the most gains to be made for average people are.

Thanks for sharing you knowledge!

OP
Team AllTerra

Team AllTerra

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I would love to have kind of a beginner's list of what matters and what doesn't in rifle, ammo, etc based on what a person is trying to achieve. For example, if you are trying to kill deer inside 300 yds, here are the things you need dialed to be good enough; for elk at 600 yards, here is what you should add to that, etc.

I would guess your experience and expectations far exceed most normal hunting situations. It would also be interesting to see you discuss where you think the most gains to be made for average people are.

Thanks for sharing you knowledge!
Solid idea, we offer our platform in several caliber configurations to accomodate any kind of big game hunter. Thanks!

-Cole

Would be refreshing to see a custom rifle builder highlight all the things that cause misses before ranges are crazy long rather than sell people on buying a $5k+ rifle from them so they "can shoot animals at 1000 yards".