What release are you hunting with 2023

noroads

FNG
I’m going Onnex Click this year after years of Scott Longhorn hunter hinge. Hopefully Stan will have their Hunting version of the onnex click out before September, then I’ll probably use that.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going Onnex Click this year after years of Scott Longhorn hunter hinge. Hopefully Stan will have their Hunting version of the onnex click out before September, then I’ll probably use that.
Hunting version ?

noroads

FNG
That’s what I’ve heard based off the Onnex C… we’ll see if it happens but I also think Joel eluded to something when asked about a release strap and couldn’t say much else. But it would definitely make sense for a hunting version with the new click.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
That’s what I’ve heard based off the Onnex C… we’ll see if it happens but I also think Joel eluded to something when asked about a release strap and couldn’t say much else. But it would definitely make sense for a hunting version with the new click.
I would even like a paracord attachment on my regular non click thumb Onex without changing the position of my flex finger extension like on the Carter Wise Choice.

Schnee

FNG
Carter Like Mike 2. Shot 2 TAC's with it and will be hunting with it this year.

Kheimann

FNG
Just switched to a Carter wise choice for this year, preload the button and pull through it! Hunting, 3D and outdoor league. Super happy with the decision to go to a hand held after shooting an index for years.

dg96

FNG
Carter RX1. But majority of practice with a Scott sigma, for a suprise release

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
B3 Ranger. Thought i would go back to the trigger puncher for hunting season but I dont think i am ever going back away from a hinge

OP
W
Glad this thread is still going! I’m not even sure what I’m hunting with this year. Shot a 3D this morning mostly with a Carter target 3 but shot a few targets with tru fire sear hinge.

OP
W
I picked up a carter rx1 and I think that's what I'll be hunting with. It was between that and my hinge. I feel like the rx1 will be much better in hunting situations than a hinge and I don't really shoot it any worse than a hinge or thumb.

GreggB

FNG
I like a hinge but don't care for the rattling noise of the head when setting the hook. Simple solution with a few lightweight rubber bands keeps everything ready. Just hook it to the string loop and pull. The bands do not interfere with the function at all.

Attachments

• Hinge for hunting.jpeg
    Hinge for hunting.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 25