What to do/see/eat Sandy-Salt Lake City?

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Going to be in Sandy UT for a couple of weeks without much to do in the evenings or over the weekend. Are there any must-see type places to go or restaurants I should try? This worked out well for me when I spent a couple weeks in Colorado Springs. Will be April 8-19th. Any shed hunting to be done?

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on how far you want to explore. Not much in SLC i would be interested in but if you want to get out of town aways, there is some neat country.

fatlander

WKR
Antelope island is pretty cool. Seemed a lot like Yellowstone in the sense that 99% of the people don’t leave sight of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
The Pie Pizza up by the University is a can't miss. Possibly the best pizza you will ever eat.

Chunga's Mexican food is maybe my favorite "dirty spoon" Mexican place down there

Bombay House is some of the best Indian I have had ever

HSL is a top tier Tapas place. Near the University/Aves

Lucky 13 is probably the best Pub Burger in the area I.M.O. but I haven't lived there for a few years. Gotta get fried pickles too

If you have a car it is probably worth driving up to Park City over a weekend because that is worth a visit. Wander through that area.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
You can go up to Park City and get a ride on one of the Olympic Bobsleds. My wife bought me a ride a few years ago for my Birthday Thats pretty fun. You will need to call for reservations or use their website. If you want to learn to hang glide the Point of the Mtn is world class if the weather is good.

Take a drive to Ogden and go to Smith & Edwards. Its a great store. Also I think someone else mentioned Scheels in Sandy.

If you ski you have world class skiing all around. There are several gun stores that have indoor ranges.

Hires for a great Burger. Also Crown Burger, or Apollo are good

fatlander

WKR
If you have a car it is probably worth driving up to Park City over a weekend because that is worth a visit. Wander through that area.

This is good advice. We’ve got a friend with a place in deer valley and we’ve spent a lot of time there in the fall before ski season starts.

No name saloon is a great bar with great burgers.

The eating establishment has great breakfast.

Most everything on main is good food. There’s some few other good restaurants off the beaten path down around bonanza.

Riverhorse on main is awesome if you’re trying to impress upon your significant other. See if you can get your table on the glass porch portion of the restaurant and just maybe it’ll be snowing. It’s like eating dinner in a snow globe.

Ride the tram up to the St Regis for happy hour. They saber champagne at sunset every night. Used to give everyone in the place a glass but they don’t anymore because kids were showing up drinking free booze.

There’s a fur place on main street that’s got ultralight thermal underwear too. You’ll spit your teeth out when you see what I’m talking about. It’s been on display in the window for as long as we’ve been going to park city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good stuff here. Thanks everyone. I won’t have a ton of free time because of the training class I’m in, but a guy has to eat dinner every night. and I’ll have a full weekend to kill