What's your go to water bottle

ChrisAU

WKR
While we are on the topic—Here is a nice accessory option for all the wide mouth Nalgene users:

That is interesting, saw a guy using one in PN Wild elk hunt video last night and wondered what it was. I usually want water in high exertion and I hate having to suck on a hose to get it in that situation though. Probably why I like smart water bottle with squirt caps.

promo

FNG
nalgene all-terrain. I like the squeeze bottle. i'm a little bit different. Yay!

TaperPin

WKR
I have to have a couple of nalgenes, they don’t leak much when leaning back on a pack and they just have so few issues.

Another vote for the 1L wide mouth Nalgene. I've only ever broken one of them. Full bottle to a nasty free fall of about 8ft on to a rock corner, didn't burst but cracked enough that it was leaking water pretty bad.
Insulated bottle, hydroflask.

Hands down my favorite version of Nalgene:
Nalgene Outdoor HDPE Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle, Plastic, 32 oz ,Blue https://a.co/d/bdtTDRY

One of the primary reasons is the HDPE does not clang around like the Tritan versions

If we are talking cost effective, then an empty smart water bottle is king and a great whiskey flask too.
Every one tries to reinvent the wheel.
This is the solution.

Ive got a purple small mouth Nalgene that I use, but only because Ive had it for a long time. If I ever lose it or destroy it, I'll just use smart water bottles going forward. I actually have the Nalgene here at work and use it all the time.

WKR
24oz Nalgene OTF bottles are my favorite. They're easy to drink from. They can be opened and closed securely with one hand. They fit in my trucks cup holders, bicycle water bottle cages, and side pockets on all my packs. They can take the heat when making coffee. The only time I need a different style bottle is when I'm in a bike race.

Im doing all smart bottles this year for scouting. I may change my mind but worth a shot.

BBob

WKR
2x Smart bottles. Platypus pull top cap on one. The Smart flip top covers will break off after awhile or get snagged and broken off. A two pack of Platypus pull top caps have lasted several years now.

ChrisAU

WKR
2x Smart bottles. Platypus pull top cap on one. The Smart flip top covers will break off after awhile or get snagged and broken off. A two pack of Platypus pull top caps have lasted several years now.

I like the flip caps because I can be guaranteed that my bottles will nose dive into dirt/mud more than once per hunt. Sometimes I don't want to use precious water to clean a water bottle cap. I think the new FHF bottle holder will help with that this year though as it was usually from dumping it out of my bottle pouch.

406sparky

FNG
nalgene wide mouth. easy to clean, can fit steri pen in it. bombproof and can find at any outdoor store.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
Nalgene wide mouth 1L. I usually use a cnoc 2L bag that is easy fill that threads into my sawyer for refilling.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
GI canteens. Still using some I got in the late 80s - early 90s. Durable, lighter per ounce of water than Nalgenes, more efficient shape, and less "rolly" than round containers.

Gatorade bottles. Good balance between light weight and durability, but they feel floppy in a belt pouch.

I recently discovered Smart water bottles. Super light, but I'm suspicious about durability.