What's your go to water bottle

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Nalgene bottle on the hip belt.

In my fanny/Rogan stalking setup I have a collapsable platy filled part way in case I get pinned down and need water.

If I'm hunting arid and dry, I'll carry a dromlite. In the pack as well. Not a fan of bladders anymore.

I'm using the same Nalgene bottles I've had for the last 15 years. Heavy duty. Freeze em. Crush em. Give them to my kids to travel/ adventure with. Doesn't matter, you can't kill these things.
I've broken 3-4, but they're still my favorite.

Got a 1.5 liter that's been my favorite lately.

48 oz widemouth nalgene. Pretty bombproof and makes a great hot water bottle for the sleeping bag if needed. If I need more water I complement with a Gatorade bottle.

Kleen Kanteen stainless bottles, because I don't like my water in plastic. The factory lids are solid and the CapCap is a nice addition to them and to nalgenes. The Kleen Kanteens use a thread that works with anything that would thread onto a nalgene. They aren't quiet on their own so you'd want to keep them away from metal stuff.

bond111

FNG
Do the people on here that use plastic water bottles, i.e. SmartWater, etc actually wash them out? Seems like a hard thing to do with a tiny opening.

I mainly use Kleen Kanteen, and Owala, but have been looking at Orca 34oz Hydra.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I use body armor water bottles, they have a larger opening then smart water but if bringing a Sawyer filter then a smart bottle also

wgmac

FNG
1L wide mouth nalgene with a sip cap in the mouth as my primary bottle, and a 1.5L nalgene silo stashed in the pack for additional water storage. Both bottles have gorilla tape wrapped around them so that I always have some handy when I need it.

maya

FNG
32oz stainless steel Klean Kanteen. It's all dented up & scorched black from cookin on coals. Offers redundancy for boiling water if my stove fails or I just don't wanna bring it. Also serves as a heater. On cold nights I boil water, slip the bottle into a wool sock & put it at the foot of my sleeping quilt. I've also been known to spoon with it ;) 2nd & 3rd bottles are smart water bottles. Lightweight & they match the threads on my sawyer mini filter. I replace them every few trips. The only time I drink from plastic is when I'm living out of the pack for short periods & weight is an issue. Otherwise its stainless steel or glass.

Used the GOHUNT Ultralite Nalgene for my spring and first fall hunts, highly recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
Depends on what I am doing. For my dogs in my small game vest, I use Camelback bottles which have a lot of orange on them. Easy to find if I drop them in a field. For day hikes, I take Ozarka water bottles with smart caps. If I am backpacking in I always take a ss Nalgene. It serves as a back up if something happens to my water filter and/or I need to boil water for drinking in freezing temps.

Lock

FNG
Had been using bladders for years but realized I would constantly suck water and run out so started using the WM 32oz nalgenes again last fall and doubt I would go back at this point. Being able to visibly regulate intake and the ability to take an actual drink when wanted is a real game changer to me.

ni7ne

FNG
Caps beyond a certain level of fancy trap gunk and break.

The camelbak magnetic lid falls between that level and nalgene. I like those. The biggest variant. I use the smallest variant as 2 of my 3 bike bottles, to keep the mouth-touching bits mud free.

I have used bladders ,nalgene , stainless and smart water bottles. Pretty much use smart water bottles these days.
I tried quite a few bladder and hose set ups but all somehow got screwed up.

I want to like it, but my Nalgene Ultralight leaks. Does no one else has this problem? Don't really want to buy another to find out.