When was your first year hunting OTC Elk in Colorado?

2007-2016 with a rifle, 2017-present archery. Had a couple draw tags mixed in there along the way. If you think OTC archery is nuts you all should experience a 2nd rifle season hunt. It's freaking bananas. We named one of out favorite basins Labmeau Field because of how many cheeseheads pack into that place. It's like a damn firing squad.

2007-2016 with a rifle, 2017-present archery. Had a couple draw tags mixed in there along the way. If you think OTC archery is nuts you all should experience a 2nd rifle season hunt. It's freaking bananas. We named one of out favorite basins Labmeau Field because of how many cheeseheads pack into that place. It's like a damn firing squad.
My experience has been the exact opposite...in the units I have hunted Archery is more packed than 2nd rifle.

1979. Blue jeans, flannel shirt, and sorels. I started out hunting with my two brothers at 12 carrying a lever action 30-30.(yes I started big game hunting 2 years earlier than I was supposed to). The good ole days!

2020. I was going to meet about ten members of my family from Indiana (only one other hunting though and it was all his idea). I’m hey were bringing horses which meant I wasn’t limited where I could go because of packout problems. Great trip, but…

I was the only one to show up and have done it by myself every year since. Should’ve started 30 years earlier. Has me hooked more than a worm in a river waiting on a catfish. I’d love others to join for comradery (and packout help)but happy going alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back