Which broadhead are you guys using?

Have you guys used zwickeys? Any success stories, or stories of them failing? I’ve got 3 of the Eskimo 2 blades and 3 of the Eskimo 2 blades with bleeders that I’m going to at least use for turkey this spring. I have also been a fan of the magnus stingers in the past

Zwickey Delta 2 blade from 42 yds out of a 57# longbow. This is the exit hole, the entrance was in the pocket on the opposite side. The arrow zipped through him and sailed down the hill, never to be found. Don't understimate the quality and durability of Zwickey because of their price, they're one of the few products where spending more doesn't get you more, in my opinion. They take a little elbow grease to get sharp the first time, but after that they're a breeze. I also file the tip very slightly to make the angle less severe (similar to a Magnus Stinger) and have never bent or curled one after doing that.

QVzo8kW.jpg

wytx

WKR
Several people have said something to the effect that zwickey’s have killed more animals than whatever. My question is, do you think that animals have been lost due to being broken/ bent/ performance failure, whereas a more expensive/ better built broadhead would’ve killed done the job?
Never had a Zwickey Eskimo bend or break, they are tough.
125 gr Eskimos hear for about 35 years. Tried some Simmons worked just like the Zwickey.
Cheaper doesn't mean bad quality.

Love my Simmons Swamp Sharks that I switched to last year. Nothing made it farther than 30 yards with amazing blood trails. They fly equally well from both my trad bows and my compounds.

Attachments

• IMG_8158.png
    IMG_8158.png
    855.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7941.png
    IMG_7941.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Huckelfin

FNG
Really like my QAD broadheads. The big thing for me is correlation between broadhead to fieldtip shooting, which these do very well. I think shot placement is a much bigger impact than selection of broadhead. Knock on wood, have not had to track any deer hardly at all with this tip. Again.. Shot placement is key.

Beendare

WKR
Breakage; The only 2 blades that have seen a lot of breakage were the over tempered Ashby heads of old. Whoever made those, they were brittle and broke a fair amount of them .

it seems you don’t want them to be like File steel…they need to flex instead of breaking.

bodhi406

FNG
If you don’t want to spend money, I definitely recommend the Magnus stingers. I was concerned about durability at first but I found in the dirt on the end of an arrow at the range and it grouped with my field points past 80yds. That definitely upped my confidence

Cwagsta

FNG
If you go with the iron wills go with the wide. I hunted with iron will standard single bevel 150 grain, and also VPA 150 grain single bevel.
I did not have great luck with these smaller fixed blade profile BH’s. I killed animals with both and they died in the same distance as any other head I’ve used. However the blood trail was nearly non existent. Unless it died in sight I was in for a difficult grid search finding small blotches of blood occasionally. In fact I shot a pig with one of the VPA heads that died within sight after a 40-50 yd run, but as I walked the path the pig took I was not able to find even a single drop of blood between the initial shot and where it lay dead.
As mentioned in comments above zwickey is an excellent head. The delta is my favorite head. But they do require some work. They need to be mounted properly and occasionally tweaked or tried on a different arrow. And then you need to sharpen them. But they are amazing heads for a great price.

The day six heads are good as well. I’ve had good luck with them. I can’t say whether they are so much better than magnus or zwickey, or even the old muzzy three blade that it justifies the price, but they are definitely good heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Bear Razorheads, Magnus, Zwickey, Eclipse, Zephyr, Grizzly, Woodsman (Wensel and Grizzly made), Journeyman, Montec, and Werewolf. Have wrecked them all, be it curled and broken tips or bent blades and ferrules.

Currently I use non-vented CNC machined broadheads. Non vented because I believe they are quieter. CNC machined because they are heck for stout. Have never ruined one.

Have used 175, 200, and 250gr in both two and three blade configurations. I currently use both Cut Throat and VPA. Bows from 40-67#. Wood, aluminum, and carbon arrow shafts. Small game to moose and lots of stuff in between.

Do not care if the two blade is a double or single bevel.

I have one 250gr VPA that has been through several turkeys and deer. It is mounted and sharpened for this year's turkey season that opens Saturday.

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking back, close to 30 trad kills have all come with either old Bear Greenies with bleeders or the old Rothhaar Snuffers. Mostly Snuffers. I do have some original Woodsman heads that are scary sharp and fly like darts, but I keep going back to the Bears or Snuffers.