Which SWFA? 3-15 or 3-9

So currently I have a 1-10twist Tikka 243 with the 3-15 SWFA.
I’m putting together a 1-8twist Tikka 223.
I have a 3-9HD SWFA in the safe.

I’m debating selling the 243 and only keeping the 223. Which scope would you put on it?
I’m planning to go as hard as I can with the 223 and use it for everything that’s legal in the next few years. Will be a truck/arc gun as well as up deer.

Ready for the advice! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the view and reticle in the 3-9hd more than the non hd 3-15.

Thanks for this! I haven’t had it mounted yet to compare. Obviously looked through it a little though.
I’ve had different 3-15s over the years so I’m familiar with those.

So currently I have a 1-10twist Tikka 243 with the 3-15 SWFA.
I’m putting together a 1-8twist Tikka 223.
I have a 3-9HD SWFA in the safe.

I’m debating selling the 243 and only keeping the 223. Which scope would you put on it?
I’m planning to go as hard as I can with the 223 and use it for everything that’s legal in the next few years. Will be a truck/arc gun as well as up deer.

Ready for the advice! Thanks

3-9x for me without hesitation, they are easier to get behind for green shooters, plenty of magnification, small and lighter, and not that it’s a real factor in use, but better glass

I like my 3-15, but I would trade it for another 3-9 and add a couple hundred bucks in a second.

At least to 500yds, the lack of parallax adjustment is a non issue, and is a benefit not having to adjust it, which for me doesn’t matter, but if I’m taking someone newer to hunting (which I do a lot) the 3-9 is a better option, and I like all of my rifles set up so anyone can shoot them

If the 3-9 was available to buy they would be on everything of mine, I really like them. I like my 3-9 as much as my 2.5-10 NXS

3-9x for me without hesitation, they are easier to get behind for green shooters, plenty of magnification, small and lighter, and not that it’s a real factor in use, but better glass

I like my 3-15, but I would trade it for another 3-9 and add a couple hundred bucks in a second.

At least to 500yds, the lack of parallax adjustment is a non issue, and is a benefit not having to adjust it, which for me doesn’t matter, but if I’m taking someone newer to hunting (which I do a lot) the 3-9 is a better option, and I like all of my rifles set up so anyone can shoot them

If the 3-9 was available to buy they would be on everything of mine, I really like them. I like my 3-9 as much as my 2.5-10 NXS

This is great advice. Probably gonna stick with the 3-9 then as my wife will also use this rifle occasionally!
Thank you!

Back