Whitetail arrow build for expandable head

Camoss14

FNG
Ok guys need help building one more arrow. I got my elk arrow now. I need an arrow for my whitetail hunt I have rage typan heads 100gr
DL25
DW70
Ibo345

Ps I love experimenting with stuff

Btaylor

WKR
Oh no I have another bow I'm setting up just for whitetail and wanted to build something different.
Gotcha. Not sure what your elk arrow set up looks like but if you set up a solid arrow for that, you should be able to shoot just about any head on the market and have no issues with whitetails as far as penetration goes assuming they fly well out of your bow.

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
I personally like heavy. I see so many not getting decent penetration with expandables. Let me say first, if you hit in the right spot, it shouldn’t be a problem, but how many times are our shot exactly perfect. I like a heavier arrow for how my bow shots. It’s more quiet, little more forgiving in the wind, ect. I’m at 575 grains total weight. Out of a 67#, 28.5” draw. I’m only getting about 257 ft/sec but I can live with that.

Lots of options, one thing that might help, is
get a set of field tips from 75grain up to 312, and see what you think of the trajectories at 30 yds. Grizzlystik.com sells them, they also have some good reading on the Ashby reports and some videos.

OP
C

Camoss14

FNG
I personally like heavy. I see so many not getting decent penetration with expandables. Let me say first, if you hit in the right spot, it shouldn’t be a problem, but how many times are our shot exactly perfect. I like a heavier arrow for how my bow shots. It’s more quiet, little more forgiving in the wind, ect. I’m at 575 grains total weight. Out of a 67#, 28.5” draw. I’m only getting about 257 ft/sec but I can live with that.

Lots of options, one thing that might help, is
get a set of field tips from 75grain up to 312, and see what you think of the trajectories at 30 yds. Grizzlystik.com sells them, they also have some good reading on the Ashby reports and some videos.
So what you and everyone else saying is that yall like more momentum over Kenetic energy. Ps not trying to start a war with this comment

I put together a whitetail specific set-up this year. I went:

Bowtech Realm
69#, 28" DL, Comfort setting
Easton Axis 340 cut to 26.75", alum. HIT insert, 100 gr. Rage Trypan, 3-fletch Blazer vanes (400 gr, 280 fps)

I'm dialed. The season will be here soon!

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
Yup. You need to find what works best for you. I’m still tweaking here and there, but will be sticking to the heavy right now. I wonder sometimes if I’d like to go a little lighter for a little more speed, but in reality, I’m good where i am. Most of my shots would be in the 20-30 yd range, and maybe out to 40. I’m in the thick swamp/marsh areas, up only 6-10’ in small dia. Trees for our white tails.