Who listens to Reckless Kelly

B Brown

FNG
A couple more suggestions for stuff that isn't mainstream but different from the above listed bands are Jason Isbell and Sturgill Simpson. Jason Isbell is a little more Americana but a great singer songwriter. Sturgill Simpson is good old hard rocking country music. I also can't listen to mainstream radio, I find myself listening to Outlaw Country on XM.

Big fan here. Got to see them at U of I once and my buddies always head down to Stanley every August for the Braun Brothers Reunion! If you like them, check out Casey Donahew Band as well as all the others mentioned in the thread. Casey Donahew has risen up to the top 1-2 bands I listen to. Like the old Cross Canadian Ragweed with Cody Canada before they split as well!

Mike

They do have some lookers over there, but even the hippies in Austin sound cleaner than those Raider girls :D

Owen Temple, Bart Crow, and Chris Stapleton(not Texas country, but still damn good...you'll know some of his songs)

PS - I'm mostly kind of kidding about Lubbock...

CentennialELK

Lil-Rokslider
A couple more suggestions for stuff that isn't mainstream but different from the above listed bands are Jason Isbell and Sturgill Simpson. Jason Isbell is a little more Americana but a great singer songwriter. Sturgill Simpson is good old hard rocking country music. I also can't listen to mainstream radio, I find myself listening to Outlaw Country on XM.
If you like these guys check out Whitey Morgan and the 78's

They do have some lookers over there, but even the hippies in Austin sound cleaner than those Raider girls :D

Owen Temple, Bart Crow, and Chris Stapleton(not Texas country, but still damn good...you'll know some of his songs)

PS - I'm mostly kind of kidding about Lubbock...

Love me some Owen Temple!! I could share a camp with all you boys....the music would be damn good.

Logan T

WKR
Another listener here. A lot of these were said already but Mickey and the Motorcars, Casey Donahew band, Randy Rogers Band, Whiskey Myers, older Cross Canadian Ragweed, Wade Bowen, some Turnpike Troubadours, Stoney La'Rue, Jason Boland.

Someone on here has had to have listened to or heard of Ryan Bingham… his album Mescalito gets played a lot here. Also Hayes Carll, Jackson Taylor and the Sinners, and Cory Morrow have good tunes, and Scooter Brown and The Clay Wilson Band have at least 1 good song a piece.

SDHNTR

WKR
Something is wrong here! Some greats listed but no one dropped the REK name? WTH?

6t4nova

WKR
Ryan Bingham… his album Mescalito gets played a lot here.

Great album! He has some other great ones out there also. I used to work with his Uncle, so I have some cd's that were recorded and not published. A couple are with him and Jason Boland jamming out together. Great stuff.

gelton

WKR
Been listening to Bingham since 06 back when he was still a kid. The key is Ryan Bingham and the dead horses, not so much a fan of his solo stuff. Wish they would get back together.

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
Like littlebuf said, main stream (Nashville) music makes me sick. It is all the same stuff. Something about a truck, a spit cup, and a dirt road. I listen to 95.9 the ranch on my phone. I really like Mickey and the Motorcars, Turnpike Troubadours, Jason Boland, No Justice, Randy Rogers, Josh Abbot, Wade Bowen, Whiskey Myers, Cross Canadian, Cody Canada and the Departed, Uncle Lucius has some good stuff, Casey Donahew, Stoney Larue, Eli Young, Kyle Park, Chris Knight, Cody Johnson has a few good ones, Dolly Shine is a newer band I like, Sean McConnell, Pat Green, Jack Ingram, Kacey Musgraves. I love me some red dirt music. Download the 95.9 The Ranch App on your phone. They play a lot of good music all day long.

Chad E

WKR
I spent a few seasons guiding in west Texas. Always been a country fan but I was introduced to red dirt music while down there. I have a real hard time listening to anything else now. Reckless Kelly is one of my favorites. If you ever get a chance to see one of their shows I highly recommend it.

7stw

WKR
Big fan of all of the bands mentioned here. Also like Johnny cooper and Cody Johnson are a couple of really good ones as well. Living close to okc I get the opportunity to see several of the bands at the wormy dog saloon. Not as good as the original in Stillwater but still a good place to see live music.