Why does the resolution on my Onx suck?

Fatcamp

WKR
Google Earth is much clearer. This caused a dangerous situation for me last week.

I don't like it. Google clearly shows the trail out that is not visible with Onx.

Ideas? I updated and it didn't help.

cnelk

WKR
Maybe someone can let me know what these purple swatches are?
They’ve been there for months

IMG_2075.jpeg

TX_Diver

WKR
Obvious question… but would need to rule it out… We’re you in Did you download the highest resolution maps? I have forgotten to download high quality maps before and relying on the low res wasn’t great

Google Earth is much clearer. This caused a dangerous situation for me last week.

I don't like it. Google clearly shows the trail out that is not visible with Onx.

Ideas? I updated and it didn't help.
Do you have the “recent imagery” feature turned on? That often has much less resolution.

Also, if downloading and using offline you need to download high res, when you actually have good internet and high res displaying.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
This wasn't a downloaded map.

I will try downloading for the area and see if it helps.

dtrkyman

WKR
Not nearly as good as google earth but definitely adequate.

Connect to wifi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Not nearly as good as google earth but definitely adequate.

Connect to wifi?

Downloaded map in high resolution evolution connected to wifi. Map sucks and I still can't see the jeep trail I needed.

Marshfly

WKR
Maybe your expectations are simply too high.

I use google earth to scout alongside OnX and mark paths on OnX using Google earth as a guide on the computer prior to leaving the house.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Maybe your expectations are simply too high.

I use google earth to scout alongside OnX and mark paths on OnX using Google earth as a guide on the computer prior to leaving the house.

Maybe, except a couple years ago we used Onx to find this same trail? For the first time, racing a thunderstorm. I knew it was there but had never walked it.

I specifically remember it being very clear and now it's not visible at all. Maybe the landscape has changed but I think I need to reconsider my options.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe, except a couple years ago we used Onx to find this same trail? For the first time, racing a thunderstorm. I knew it was there but had never walked it.

I specifically remember it being very clear and now it's not visible at all. Maybe the landscape has changed but I think I need to reconsider my options.
Can you take a screenshot of the area and dm it to us? That will help us to take a look on our end and see if we are seeing the same thing you are, or if there is another issue causing your map to be blurry.

Marshfly

WKR

Trees grow and clouds cover images. What you saw a couple of years ago has almost zero bearing on what you see today.

I think your expectations are just too high. Your only option is to subscribe to multiple mobile satellite imagery services and hope one is great where you are hunting at that time.