WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR PRIZE GIVEAWAY!! High Desert Hide & Seek, a Rokslide film by Tony Trietch

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Fantastic film! Mountains are cool and all, but man I love high desert hunting. What a great end to the hunt too.

@Tony Trietch Can you tell us about your bow and arrow set up for this hunt?
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
Hoyt Ventum 33 Pro, Easton Axis 4mm with Iron Will S125. 466gr total arrow weight. Option 8 sight and Quivalizer, Hamskea rest.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Way to stick with it!! What was your favorite piece of gear for this hunt?

Any snake encounters?
Hard to pick one piece of gear, there are so many items that seem crucial. For clothing I would say the SItka Core LW Hoody. Just that little shade on the neck from the hood helps.
Only one rattler in NV for this hunt but NM was crazy! Snakes every day.

I do not like snakes at all. Would have turned into a snake hunt real fast for me!

I’m not a fan of snakes either! Truckin across some rocks in Arizona last year my buddy yelled, apparently I missed stepping on a rattler by inches I spun around it time to see him doing some impressive acrobatics in mid air to miss it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have everyone's youtube name that commented during the premier and will give each name a number. After I have them all numbered, I will use a random number generator to pick a winner for each prize. I will work on it today so watch here for the winners! (I will edit the original post and announce winners there)

I will also draw an alternate for each prize in case the first drawn doesn't meet the requirements.
** IF YOUR YOUTUBE HANDLE DOES NOT MATCH YOUR REAL NAME OR ROKSLIDE HANDLE, PM ME YOUR REAL NAME.**

Good luck everyone!

duckhuntr

FNG
Not complain so much and just try to enjoy each moment regardless if shit goes sideways. I got way to frustrated on that hunt. Need to work on that
Ha, we are definitely all guilty of that. Good to recognize though. With those temps and long days, it would be even harder not to get worn down and discouraged. Especially after a miss of your #1… that said, cool experience and glad it worked out for you.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Really well done. Hanging in until the end is NOT easy. How far was the shot?
If my memory serves me correctly it was 44. What the camera didn't pick up with him in the shadows was that he didn't even flinch when the arrow slide in behind his last rib. He only got up when I was loading another arrow.

UncleBone

WKR
I was out of service most of the morning, getting caught up now. Good film, but I feel like these contests/giveaways are getting a little silly. Just my take tho.
Way better than having to buy merch for tickets, or having to mail in a postcard for a limited amount of entries. "can't win em all" as the old saying goes though.

Way better than having to buy merch for tickets, or having to mail in a postcard for a limited amount of entries. "can't win em all" as the old saying goes though.

Yes, I'll agree there, and don't need to have any giveaways.

But like having a Q&A for a challenge before you put the rules out, just seems weird. A lot of these things seem to be setup for a smaller subset of users rather than a wider market. I just find it interesting.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Yes, I'll agree there, and don't need to have any giveaways.

But like having a Q&A for a challenge before you put the rules out, just seems weird. A lot of these things seem to be setup for a smaller subset of users rather than a wider market. I just find it interesting.
I can respect that.