WINNERS ANNOUNCED FOR PRIZE GIVEAWAY!! High Desert Hide & Seek, a Rokslide film by Tony Trietch

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
@Tony Trietch what ended up being the issue w/ the foot btw?
Good question, I really have no idea. he was missing part of his back hoof on one side but it was not a fresh wound. It was completely healed over and he had a thick brown callus over it.
I can only assume that his hoof was the reason he was so skinny. He was also keeping to himself or at least was in daylight. He was less than a mile from other cows and bulls but always alone.

UncleBone

WKR
Good question, I really have no idea. he was missing part of his back hoof on one side but it was not a fresh wound. It was completely healed over and he had a thick brown callus over it.
I can only assume that his hoof was the reason he was so skinny. He was also keeping to himself or at least was in daylight. He was less than a mile from other cows and bulls but always alone.
How did he eat, given his condition? Lean, but tender?

UncleBone

WKR
Thats awesome to hear. Makes me more confident about shooting something with a leg injury myself. At this point, I am just hoping for meat when I hunt still. Always wondered what id do in that type of situation. My first deer at 13, was hit by a car, then I had to finish it off with the 3030 from point blank.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Those were Revos. I used to work on the charter boats in Lake Michigan and they were just what we wore.
Still use them on occasion.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Cool to watch a video that is so foreign to alpine/subalpine, and conifer forests that I hunt elk in, but no matter the terrain it always seems like it comes down to battling wind! I respect the grind, I killed my bull on my last day of hunting as well this year, almost makes it that much sweeter. Congrats

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Cool to watch a video that is so foreign to alpine/subalpine, and conifer forests that I hunt elk in, but no matter the terrain it always seems like it comes down to battling wind! I respect the grind, I killed my bull on my last day of hunting as well this year, almost makes it that much sweeter. Congrats
Thanks for watching and the kind words. Congrats on you bull this past year too!

Medusa7MM

WKR
You showed all the suffering, misery, and mental warfare that elk hunting consists of which I thought made the video gritty and real. And talk about dedication for that many days! Probably one of the few that I would watch again.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
You showed all the suffering, misery, and mental warfare that elk hunting consists of which I thought made the video gritty and real. And talk about dedication for that many days! Probably one of the few that I would watch again.
Thanks Medusa7mm, I appreciate the kind words!

bg33bow

FNG
Tony congrats on a great bull. Your tent was to the square inch exactly where mine was in 2021 I just watched a video that’s insane. Killed a bull on the same spot you did that’s awesome

Attachments

• 5CA86040-7C9F-4358-A73F-22CF36117F75.jpeg
    5CA86040-7C9F-4358-A73F-22CF36117F75.jpeg
    425.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 55B4920E-C30A-4DAC-872A-B3087E9D9BA9.jpeg
    55B4920E-C30A-4DAC-872A-B3087E9D9BA9.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 28